Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is it the seals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:02pm
sorry to disappoint that was scope after tried open sight and seen it was grouping. no adjustment to scope just shooting for groups to see what to use. Not particularly fussy about being dead center as just finding what I'll retest. Hence why stoeger shocked me with its 25m groups. I never shot them under 25m!
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:55pm
Just going to say that they are very good groupings for open sights. I took a scope off a Ruger Air hawke a few weeks ago and used the open sights and they are an almost forgotten skill. My first couple of air rifles only had open sights and I could pop off Sparrows out to 30 odd meters using old Winchester pelets and when I first got a scope it took a while to get to get used to it. (Mind you it was a sh*tty second hand job)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:52pm
wasn't sure what I'd shot at centers and not sure what one was AA field at 25m so didn't do those targets. there's about 20 from today.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:50pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:25pm
the air arms I thought were going to be the go to first 5 rounds at 20m punched one hole about three pellet diameter. The pellets are good quality and I was shooting the under weight ones I had sorted out. so would have been bonus if they did. But they spread at 25.
There is a definite weight thing with this gun or maybe I shoot better with the 14.66gr. I'll shoot up shed and get the air arms targets out of bin and post them for you.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:17pm
Nice result with the barrel change and the X-Field pellets.
A frustrating journey but rifle now looks to be a genuine hunter with those groupings.

I use the H&N Barracuda Match or H&N Hunter Extreme and H&N FTT are a reliable go-to.

Interested how the Air Arms test as they are a well respected option.

Never tried the Hornets so keen to see how they stack up.

Full marks for perseverance and taking the time to share on the forum.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 7:59pm
true that. I imagine at 43 yards the .25 would have a good whack to it. I must try a larger cal one day.
keep us informed of its progress

Edited by kruzaroad - 30 Aug 2022 at 8:00pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 6:43pm
That's an improvement. The guncity javelins and stoeger are made by H&N and I've had good success with them before.

I've just replaced the breech seal with the new seal from custom air seals on my Hatsan .25cal and put two pellets into a tin can at 43yards first pop, will do the piston seal once I've got time but so far so good. Nothing worse than having a gun that your not sure if your going to hit something, and particularly with an animal that you could wound it
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 4:22pm
So barrel on, had to change rear sight blade as the fiber optic wire was broken on replacent.
Haven't tested all of my pellets yet.
Grouping much better 20m some nice tight performance from gun City Javelin. ftt held inside an inch but bit spread in that inch. AA field showed some promise.
25m changed the story. AA field to spread out. hornet shows promise. ftt bordering the edge of inch. Javelin OK will look at that again.
white field had so many damaged pellets and such a thin skirt I didn't shoot them and won't buy them again.
GAMO Pro magnum preformed awful and three pellets of the ten I selected wouldn't fit in barrel ( I guess with a hammer they would have)
But the one that beat them all at 25m was stoeger x-field. An under dog that didn't preform in old barrel at all.
The gun seems to like 14.66gr. ftt was the best performer with old barrel and is same gr. Did OK this time too.
I'll run through the rest of tins tomorrow but for now I'm happy gun shoots at last
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:33am
Awesome, let us know how it shoots
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic