Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite guns under $500

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite guns under $500
    Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 9:24pm
Thought this might be a good topic to start a chat about.

I picked up a Cannon 737 Multi pump .177 with a 4X32 scope for $100 today. its almost brand new. only doing up to 8 pumps so far and haven't shot through the chrony which I will do tomorrow. Its instantly become a new favorite, at 20m and 40m im hitting two blocks of wood ive got in the garden. Was getting too dark and rainy so haven't seen what the accuracy is like at those distances but the blocks of wood are 4" square.  I see these are a copy of the Sharp Innova and I think the Webley Rebel is very similar. 

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 10:47pm
I remover the sharp innova from many years back. It was a highly rated hunting rifle among air enthusiasts back then.
My favorite under 400 dollar gun was the bsa meteor super. It was deadly accurate, comfortable as, had a bit of style and next to no recoil. Never threw the fixed 4x rim fire scope I had on it.Under powered by todays standards but easy to shoot. FUN
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 3:29pm
Cannon working well today, I am so in love. I'm a bit blurry in the eye at the moment with old contacts so will see what its like when my new ones arrive this week (well that's my excuse for 1 inch groups at 25m Tongue )

Using Gamo Pro Match pellets that came with the gun (7.41 grains) I'm getting the following

1 pump 383fps
2 pumps 518fps
3 pumps 603fps
4 pumps 663fps
5 pumps 708fps
6 pumps 758fps
7 pumps 798fps
8 pumps 828fps
9 pumps 853fps
10 pumps 866fps 

Gun seams to feel best at 6 pumps. 

Got sick of another bantam rooster crowing its head off, perfect head shot at 15m 

mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:14pm
.22 Gamo CFX underlever, it just shoots straight.

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:38pm
Nice, I missed out on one of these a few months back. I've got a Chinese underleaver that's surprisingly accurate but I need to refurb it.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

Thought this might be a good topic to start a chat about.

I picked up a Cannon 737 Multi pump .177 with a 4X32 scope for $100 today. its almost brand new. only doing up to 8 pumps so far and haven't shot through the chrony which I will do tomorrow. Its instantly become a new favorite, at 20m and 40m im hitting two blocks of wood ive got in the garden. Was getting too dark and rainy so haven't seen what the accuracy is like at those distances but the blocks of wood are 4" square.  I see these are a copy of the Sharp Innova and I think the Webley Rebel is very similar. 

Nice, I saw that pop up then disappear pretty quickly!
Nice score
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:36pm
Haha yes sorry about that. The guy said he had only loaded it about 15mins earlier before I scored it. Been playing around with it, 6 pumps max is what it seams to like best and it's actually quite pellet picky and I don't know if this is to do with the brass barrel. Seams to like the cheap airchief gun city flat heads best with 1/2inch groups at 15m, or the old daisy domes are actually firing well too that came with it. The scope is ok and will probably change it later on if I want. I think if I do a more Ridgid barrel sleeve it may improve accuracy too (just plastic sleeve and there is a little movement)
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 2:11pm
Hi Bilbo,

Yep - I had the Sharp Innova (.177) a few years back and it was superb! At 10 pumps it made one hell of a "crack" - just like a rimfire subsonic!

Used to shoot sticks floating down the Akatarawa River, 80yds from my balcony!!! Smile

Very accurate and bicep building (!) after about 50 shots!!!

Well done for scoring that!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 3:49pm
Thanks for that, they are fun.

Next my ultimate favorite is my modified CR600w this is my starling killer. Been using up till yesterday GunCity Javelin pellets (made by H&N) these have been reforming well through the gun until I found a tin of JSB Straton's and I did a side by side 7 shot group test.  

First up is the GunCity Javelin pellets 15.74gr at 15m - note a flyer to the left

Next up the JSB Straton 15.89gr and a tighter group at 15m

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 9:34pm
New favorite.....

BSA meteor, brought on trade me on the weekend for $84 complete with original box.

First impressions, spring still feels strong and seals seam fine for 30+ years old. Did 5 shots at 16m with the open sights and got a 1 inch group. Will upload some pics when I get the chance but it's firing smooth for it's age.

Straight to a new favorite gun 🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic