Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - yippe it arrived... napier of linden nz no more
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yippe it arrived... napier of linden nz no more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yippe it arrived... napier of linden nz no more
    Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 1:24pm
First just got back with new gun.if it hadn't been a long enough 2 days waiting for mainfreight to open, now the wind is way up and crap weather tomorrow. so looks like cleaning scope mounting ( the gamo scope till gone thru tin of aa). But happy as.
rang napier of londen nz after got hard gun case to get recommended cleaning kit and oils. they shut up shop about 3 months ago. not enough demand
still has 30 or 60 thousand bucks worth of stock but can't sell. recommend I go to UK sight to see if pauly? might be able to help. they are talking to a couple of places to see if they can negotiate price for stock.
let's hope so.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 6:13pm
Well couldn't resist, put gamo scope on, centered by clicks went out into wind shot at 25meter pinker target ( only one I could leave up in wind) 4 shots later, no scope adjustment ( save that for still day) hitting target with better average than sighted in fusion.
not a cold finger gun for loading. bit concerned that the bear trap mechanism is going to spook quarry when cocking. didn't like me even lighty wrapping forehand up side. open hand it was happy. cheek piece made a huge difference. very comfortable and stable gun. can't wait to get air max on it and gun broken in. all said and done first impressions are very positive.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 8:18pm
I think that is real nice, most of the fixed barrels are a bit tricky to load but you will find a technique that works. You cannot go far wrong with the AirArms pellets.
Look forward to some great results and regular reviews especially under New Zealand conditions.

Safety first: Get into the habit of always holding the cocking lever when loading, do not trust the mechanical systems.

cheers for now
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 8:06am
I'm devolving safety from the start. think issue is I'm right handed and have to load left handed due to finger loss. but as you say technique will get there.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 6:57pm
Finally got a chrono today. tx is shooting at 206m/s.. 675fps
21.96 joules... 16.2 fpe
Both at muzzle.
Pellet 1.03gm..16gr (all pellets weighed, not sorted for head size) AA field deablo.
15 shot string.
low 202 high 209
last diget for each shot in order
Noticed a variation in head size when sorting hunting pellets last, usually under 5.52mm got about 20 5.52mm out of around 150 odd pellets left in that tin. weight more consistant. May explain some variation numbers.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 8:48pm
Awesome, there is some very valuable data in that for you. Especially for use with your chair gun app. Group pellets and head diameter and you will further reduce the spread in the speed and result in greater accuracy. But those results are pretty good
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 8:51pm
Also the more you shoot the gun and it breaks in, you will see those speeds condense and also your groupings down range. Some say you need to shoot a good packet of pellets before the gun settles in but with a high quality gun like the TX this will happen much faster I would imagine
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:07pm
Problem is the 5.52mm shoot best so I tend to put them to one side for hunting. I'm sighted in on those but suppose I should try it. Tin I just gone through was rather horriffic for head size (those I measured) so I just weighed the rest. There was a distinct mix of lead quality too. Not what I expected from AA. Got another 3 tins so hopefully rest better. Will go thru other tins of different brands that shoot well and see what fps/fpe for them are. That chair gun is awesome should save a lot of time compared to shooting millions of targets. Brought a anometer? (wind strength measure). I think with chairgun I'll step up my shooting prety fast. Quicker than I was anyway. Cheers for getting me onto that. I had no odea apps like that existed.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:11pm
1500 pellets shot so far. I spend a lot of time on targets to make sure I can hit things in field. ( Or miss convincingly lol)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic