Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Targets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 9:07pm
Trial of a Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32 Scout scope.
Different option for backyard pistol.
Eye relief is 9 1/2 inches so not a full arms length pistol scope but proved surprisingly useful.
Comes to eye easily and quite stable on target.
Focus was reasonable at 10 metres even on 4 power which I did not expect with a non AO rifle scope.

Look forward to some calm conditions and perhaps set up a table at 15 - 20 metres to see how tight a group it can achieve.

Mounted on .177 CO2 powered Air Chief CP1-M

Standing shots but I was leaning against the doorway so I did not get blown over. (excuse 1)
It took about 15 shots on blank paper to zero then I quickly put a target up between showers.
Windage was tricky. (excuse 2)
CO2 on cool night (excuse 3) so not many available shots and using spotlight (excuse 4.
Very pleasing result so I can save all those excuses for another day.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 10:12pm
conditions as they were great shooting.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 7:21pm
Hi guys,
What’s the difference between a 2240 and a 2250, besides a few years?

I use one of these for work, looks like a 2240 from the pics Mercs posted.
The one I use is a .22, co2 powered single shot pistol. Use it for dispatching possums, rats, ferrets, rabbits and hedgehogs that make their way into our live traps, so it is all 10cm shots to the back of the head, works just fine.

I’ve never considered playing with it at 10m for some plinking, but maybe I’ll give it a try and see if I can get it to group 😉

I’ve often thought that a pumper pistol would be more practical for the occasional dispatching of a pest, because the co2 sometimes looses pressure inbetween uses and then needs a new co2 cartridge just to dispatch one pest.
A pumper would be less wasteful, but would it be able to dispatch a possum from 10cm?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:45pm
2240 - Pistol

2250 - carbine. It has a slightly longer barrel, so yeilds a bit more power.

1322 is the pistol pumper, and it would be fine for that purpose with the advantage of never needing a CO2 capsule. You could put a longer barrel on it and squeeze more power from it.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 8:53am
Got a pic up of a very dead one from a couple of feet 1322. Went out like a. Light.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 11:46pm
So I need to keep my eyes open for a 1322… 🤔
I wonder if Youngs might have one???
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 7:28am
Yes, youngs best place to start.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic