Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Targets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Targets
    Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:31pm
Hi all, what is everyone doing to keep their eye in and trigger finger nimble.

Too cold outside in the evening, moved indoors with a carefully located board for some freehand practice.
6 metres standing to compare pistols.

The lighter 2240 came to eye easily and much steadier, I did not expect to it to group tighter than the 2250 but air gunning is often about the unexpected.

Top 2250 with 10 inch barrel and Nikko Stirling red dot (age 1 year)
Bottom 2240 with 7 inch barrel and standard sights (age 25 years)

2250 target

2240 target

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 7:46pm
Nice one, unless the 50 cent piece is 25 years old, then the groups are bigger from our perspective.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Nice one, unless the 50 cent piece is 25 years old, then the groups are bigger from our perspective.

Would also have to be .35 cal pellets Wink
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by mercs mercs wrote:

Hi all, what is everyone doing to keep their eye in and trigger finger nimble.

Too cold outside in the evening, moved indoors with a carefully located board for some freehand practice.
6 metres standing to compare pistols.

The lighter 2240 came to eye easily and much steadier, I did not expect to it to group tighter than the 2250 but air gunning is often about the unexpected.

Top 2250 with 10 inch barrel and Nikko Stirling red dot (age 1 year)
Bottom 2240 with 7 inch barrel and standard sights (age 25 years)

2250 target

2240 target

nice one. not been doing much, got to the club a couple of times - once after stripping down and resealing my Feinwerkbau 300s, which is always a pleasure to shoot.

Regarding the crosmans, I am also planning a little build - I have a nice stainless breech and roller trigger, and some blue laminate grips being made in USA. Looking forward to getting it together, they are fun little pistols.
I dont have a 2240 at the moment, but have a 2250 to make a pistol like you have done. I like the longer look tube.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:34pm
I just picked up a near brand new 2250b for $200 from Tauranga H&F I forgot how fun these crosmans are, and how accurate they are even with open sights. Watch this space for a build over the next few months.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:11pm
Good price.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 8:50pm
2250 now fitted out with steel breech and Weaver 1.5-4x20 pistol Scope.
Need some warm days to get the best performance out of CO2 capsules.
Initial sighting-in at 10, 15 and 20 yards looks promising.

grbaker5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grbaker5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 4:26pm
Love that 2250.

I just pop a beanie on me head and head out for a bit of rabbit stalking (as long as its not raining).
Far less taregts around at this time of the year during day-light hours.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 4:31pm
It looks great. Good test on the old stalking skills using a pistol. Have never done that myself, but am planning on giving it a go soon.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 1:12pm
I've got an out door shooting area set up with self setting, and paper targets10 meters out to 45 meters ( I'll push the distance out further when I'm shooting better at these ranges) so if the rain ain't happening I'm usually practicing compensating for the wind and trying to learn it by feel on my face. today was between 1 to 1.5 mil dot to the left at 20 meters. wind strongish and gusty. put a sling on rifle last night. pondering how to attack the gamo rebuild.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic