Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Hunting Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UK Webley Patriot .25

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Nice work on getting the group size down. Obviously a gun that needs skill to shoot, hat off to you. Be interested to see further posts on it at varying distance distance.
what pellet are you shooting through it?

Its got a big spring in it and generally the bigger the spring / more power, the harder they are to shoot. Once you have a predictable trigger then its learning how that rifle likes to be held - generally artilery hold, letting it do its thing is best for powerful springers - trying to hold it tight doesnt often work in your favour.

This seems to like JSB exact Kings, but could probably do with some more testing. It got the most power efficiency with kings - higher weight yeilded less power and lower weight gave faster FPS but a little less power.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
I've got new seals arriving in the next week or so for my Patriot .25cal and also a Gas Ram conversion all from custom air seals.

Still having problems with the cocking lever so looking at ordering a new one out from the UK.

Will let you know if the gas rams helps control the beast
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

I've got new seals arriving in the next week or so for my Patriot .25cal and also a Gas Ram conversion all from custom air seals.

Still having problems with the cocking lever so looking at ordering a new one out from the UK.

Will let you know if the gas rams helps control the beast

I would not bother ordering a new cocking arm for that model, as it will likely fail very quickly too.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:48am
Yes I have read that they fail on these. I've put a blob of weld onto the end and reshaped it but it keeps binding.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

Yes I have read that they fail on these. I've put a blob of weld onto the end and reshaped it but it keeps binding.

That should work, I will dig up a photo of my weld and reshape on my Turkish patriot.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 10:41am
The closer action is the newer one with a quattro trigger. Notice the metal bridge between the cocking slot and the trigger slot. The other one is my .22 Patriot with the older crappy cocking arm piston slot and trigger design), I welded a support there as the slot had opened out a bit, which added to the problem with the cocking arm coming off the piston.

Edited by xyon - 29 Aug 2022 at 10:41am
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 10:42am
This is the rebuilt shoe on the cocking arm

---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 12:26pm
Hey thanks so much for those, that's a huge help. I think mine doesn't have that bridge bit so I might have to weld it too as I did notice the slot wasn't the same all the way down
shooter747 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 6:39am
  Hi j-S .I shot a patriot a few days ago at my local Airgun dealer
it was set at 22 fpe i used to own one of these 15 yrs back ,after 
a few shots ,i was able to to place 10 shots over 28 yds so close a10 pence 
would cover them  my RFD was well impressed, he does not know i have shot one many times
before.!!
atb brian
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 10:42am
Originally posted by shooter747 shooter747 wrote:

Hi j-S .I shot a patriot a few days ago at my local Airgun dealer
it was set at 22 fpe i used to own one of these 15 yrs back ,after 
a few shots ,i was able to to place 10 shots over 28 yds so close a10 pence 
would cover them  my RFD was well impressed, he does not know i have shot one many times
before.!!
atb brian

They take some getting used to. Last I shot mine I was frustrated as I was getting 2 seperate groups, but very tight, but then realised it was a change in how I was holding it and head position.
Once concentrating it came right.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic