Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compressors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 1:27pm
I've been looking at the Altaros hybrid commpressor booster unit for filling a SCBA carbon cylinder to fill paintball hpa tanks at home, https://www.altaros.cz/en/compressors/169-altaros-hybrid-compressor-booster-unit.html

Bout $1200nzd plus import costs, works off your workshop compressed air supply at 125-145psi and boosts it up to 300bar with a big advantage comparaired to every other compressor.. it doesn't heat the air up, runs at such a low cycle speed and uses the released surplus air to cool the output side compression cylinder. Can also use a dive tank on the input side to fill smaller hpa cylinders, I'm lucky for now my mate owns a dive shop with a german made 300bar compressor i could use but he was quite impress with this design since heat is always an issue when compressing air. Replacement seal kit is supplied with the Altaros units.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by mercs mercs wrote:

I have a GX CS2 12V air cooled PCP compressor with provided AC power adapter on order from Gun City.

Price is $600 and I would have been prepared to spend more for water cooling or better controls but could not find another NZ supplied option.
New bottle with connections $625 from dive shop.
New hand pump $300 from Gun City.

I will provide a product review in a few months.

I have not been able to find a NZ supplier of the High Pressure Air in-line oil/water filters to use with hand pump, anyone having info on a local supplier or trusted trademe importer it would be appreciated.
Hand pump options are available and sold without filters. Plenty of advice and science for including a filter system to improve longevity of seals and metal parts.

How is the GX CS12V going? Have a friend with one, he owns a couple of older BSAs, one has a gauge the gauge on his BSA & the compressor read totally different, he 's not up with all this so I see danger. Suggested he fill to the lower reading of gauge. So I will use his compressor & see how it goes -when I finally get this new PCP. Be great to know your thoughts.
Also have FX Pump with no filter set up, so that also interests me. Know the key to that is not to go too hard, stop every so many pumps so as not to heat the air, suits me bloody hard work! Don't want to put any dirty or watery air in this PCP.
GHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm
Rusty
Did you order the Altaros hybrid compressor booster unit.?
It certainly looks the business and the reviews if they are anything to go by are OK.
Rusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 8:58pm
Haven't ordered the Altaros unit yet, I'll wait till the covid shipping delays are sorted out I had other parts imported that tracking just stopped updating and turned up months later.

Does seem like the best option for a home 300bar compressor, was looking at the usa made shoebox compressors but alot more maintance needed.. low heat output generated by the Altaros unit is quite inovative.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by mercs mercs wrote:

I have a GX CS2 12V air cooled PCP compressor with provided AC power adapter on order from Gun City.

Not sure how many shipments they have had but last lot seemed to sell quickly and I missed out, back order was 3 months and is planned to arrive in January.

It is only suited to light duty which will be fine as I am only filling a small reservoir.

Price is $600 and I would have been prepared to spend more for water cooling or better controls but could not find another NZ supplied option.
New bottle with connections $625 from dive shop.
New hand pump $300 from Gun City.

I will provide a product review in a few months.

I have not been able to find a NZ supplier of the High Pressure Air in-line oil/water filters to use with hand pump, anyone having info on a local supplier or trusted trademe importer it would be appreciated.
Hand pump options are available and sold without filters. Plenty of advice and science for including a filter system to improve longevity of seals and metal parts.

I have also ordered the compressor from GC & like you Still Waiting. Annoying as, can't pump the rifle up by hand, with a stuffed shoulder. So haven't used the rifle much.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 7:43pm
Fyi, there's an early model airbow compressor at cas h converters Porirua.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:14pm
GX CS2 compressors are back on stock and mine has been shipped today, I will provide a review after a few operating cycles.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 10:24pm
Yip Recieved mine yesterday. 
chopsuey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopsuey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:29pm
Pauly5 What are those early airbow compressor s like?
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:41pm
I've never used one, but felt they must be of a reasonable std considering they were to go out into the construction field. I think there were one or 2 generations, with the 2 nd gen having it's own dive tank attached.
I see GC are selling what could be a very similar version, but of course you will get a warranty, where the CC one will be limited.

So not much help sorry. I would definitely buy the latest gen one, if the price was right, but not so sure on the early ones.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic