FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compressors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:02pm
Got mine at the same time as you, mine has performed exactly like yours, been running mine staight from the mains 240v though the adapter. First fill took longer, but now,  an average  running from 130 bar to 230 bar in 7 minutes for a 300cc tank. Have only filled 5 times. Getting 90 shots per fill at 31 ftp. Happy so far.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:13pm
GX CS2 12V air cooled PCP compressor arrived from Gun City last month.
Light duty is my plan and not letting it overheat.
Could not be simpler to use.
Fans sound like they are ready for take off but provide the desired cooling.

To date excellent results and definitely portable.

I have been using the Brocock GP pistol and recharging with the GX-CS2 compressor.
1 minute to fill the Brocock from 100 to 200bar.
2.5 minutes to fill a 0.8 litre bottle from 2800 to 3000 psi (cylinders were warm to touch perhaps 40 degrees)
I think the inlet air Inlet filter located in the handle is rather clever.

They have increased in price from $600 to $700 in 6 months.
I would prefer an automatic pressure cut-out and happy to pay the extra.

Appreciate feedback from anyone else who has bought the same or similar.

Edited by mercs - 22 May 2022 at 8:07pm
delta_mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 8:06pm
Have you ordered the booster yet Rusty?

I was still debating on this after getting a price for the new Coltri Icons. Turns out it is the same price as the alkin. Made my mind up on the Altaros and they are now out of stock so on their waiting list.
FX Impact MK3 .22 700mm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:41pm
I've never used one, but felt they must be of a reasonable std considering they were to go out into the construction field. I think there were one or 2 generations, with the 2 nd gen having it's own dive tank attached.
I see GC are selling what could be a very similar version, but of course you will get a warranty, where the CC one will be limited.

So not much help sorry. I would definitely buy the latest gen one, if the price was right, but not so sure on the early ones.

chopsuey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopsuey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 8:29pm
Pauly5 What are those early airbow compressor s like?
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 10:24pm
Yip Recieved mine yesterday. 
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:14pm
GX CS2 compressors are back on stock and mine has been shipped today, I will provide a review after a few operating cycles.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 7:43pm
Fyi, there's an early model airbow compressor at cas h converters Porirua.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by mercs mercs wrote:

I have a GX CS2 12V air cooled PCP compressor with provided AC power adapter on order from Gun City.

Not sure how many shipments they have had but last lot seemed to sell quickly and I missed out, back order was 3 months and is planned to arrive in January.

It is only suited to light duty which will be fine as I am only filling a small reservoir.

Price is $600 and I would have been prepared to spend more for water cooling or better controls but could not find another NZ supplied option.
New bottle with connections $625 from dive shop.
New hand pump $300 from Gun City.

I will provide a product review in a few months.

I have not been able to find a NZ supplier of the High Pressure Air in-line oil/water filters to use with hand pump, anyone having info on a local supplier or trusted trademe importer it would be appreciated.
Hand pump options are available and sold without filters. Plenty of advice and science for including a filter system to improve longevity of seals and metal parts.

I have also ordered the compressor from GC & like you Still Waiting. Annoying as, can't pump the rifle up by hand, with a stuffed shoulder. So haven't used the rifle much.
Rusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 8:58pm
Haven't ordered the Altaros unit yet, I'll wait till the covid shipping delays are sorted out I had other parts imported that tracking just stopped updating and turned up months later.

Does seem like the best option for a home 300bar compressor, was looking at the usa made shoebox compressors but alot more maintance needed.. low heat output generated by the Altaros unit is quite inovative.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic