Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CR600w Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CR600w Mods
    Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 7:37pm
Good evening all,

Thought I should share my latest custom build I've done to a CR600w.

Picked this little beauty up recently and used it for my annual starling shoot around the house. somewhere the tally on starlings from this rifle is around 30 over the last month. 

This is really a brilliant rifle as is but decided to tinker. out of the box with Gun Cities .22 Javelin spear tip 15.74gr pellets I was getting an average of 508fps, I've drilled the internals out to 4.5mm and now achieving and average of 585fps. 

Next was a custom Carbon Fiber barrel shroud with an adapter to fit 1/2"x20 suppressors threads, I have fitted a Stealth .22 rimfire suppressor which does make it a little quieter than the factory one. 

Also I've made a bulk co2 adapter which has a quick release fitting for a 9oz paintball tank for more accurate shot strings. I do have a HPA tank to try through this running 1500psi at the regulator. 

See photos below. 

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:55pm
Nice work.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 10:29am
nice mate,these are great little co2 rifles and do allso come as pcps,so will make an excellent hpa conversion,just a word of warning for those without firearms licence,that once converted to hpa this rifle then legally becomes a pcp rifle,but for those with licence the hpa conversion is the way to go as it can quite significantly increase the power out put if wanted,nice job on rifle sounds like those starlings taking a hammering from it too.
 cheers mike 
Sniper21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 4:50pm
Wow,great stuff mate...would love that bulk fill system myself,the one made for me doesn't work and has a big hose an stuff to it.looks good dude!
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 8:06pm
Thanks for that. The bulk fill improves the constancy hugely. I haven't fired over the chrony since the mods and will do over the next week.

Took another 3 starlings over the weekend but there are 1000's of them flocking on the paddocks at the moment.

I've stretched it out to 40m but waiting for a new scope to turn up to fully ballistic calculate the range.

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

Thanks for that. The bulk fill improves the constancy hugely. I haven't fired over the chrony since the mods and will do over the next week.

Took another 3 starlings over the weekend but there are 1000's of them flocking on the paddocks at the moment.

I've stretched it out to 40m but waiting for a new scope to turn up to fully ballistic calculate the range.

I know it has been a year since the last post on this thread but would love to knowthe results of your mods and if you made any further modifications? Seriously considering a CR600 but would like a bit more power than standard, to fit a bipod and perhaps a 24gram co2 bottle which can be filled and used in place of the 12g co2 canisters. Either that or a 2250b or 1322 to modify as I see you have also done.
Which is your preferred rifle, the CR600 or 2250?

Is drilling out to 4mm straightforward, or do I run a high risk of ruining a brand new rifle and voiding the warranty?  I don't personally have many tools but the people I'm stating with have an overflowing workshop. Trouble is it is litterally overflowing so finding a specific tool is a challenge.

Cheers

Edited by Elliot87 - 09 Mar 2023 at 11:28pm
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:25pm
No problem digging up an old post.

It's averaging around 580fps at 18°C and with JSB Straton 15.89gr pellets.

I prefer the cr600 over the 2250 for accuracy and if I'm setting up for a while plinking or pest controlling. I've now got bipod on it too.

2250 is better for spot and stalking being lighter and more maneuverable.

If you want me to pop in sometime after work with the cr600 for you to have a play let me know. Got a leak in the 2250 so its in bits again.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:28pm
Doing the valve mods was easy as. Just a drill and sharp bit and vice is all you need. I did get the guy down the road from me to take 1mm off the face of the valve assembly in his lathe. Doing this gives the valve pin some extra travel so leaving the valve open a smidge longer. To be honest I don't think this made much difference.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

No problem digging up an old post.

It's averaging around 580fps at 18°C and with JSB Straton 15.89gr pellets.

I prefer the cr600 over the 2250 for accuracy and if I'm setting up for a while plinking or pest controlling. I've now got bipod on it too.

2250 is better for spot and stalking being lighter and more maneuverable.

If you want me to pop in sometime after work with the cr600 for you to have a play let me know. Got a leak in the 2250 so its in bits again.

I think I will buy a cr600 tomorrow, so should have my own one to play with but I appreciate the offer.  Accuracy for pest control is probably the most important thing to me, I'm sure both will do a good job but I want a rifle I can shoot right away and that also pushes me towards the cr600.

Once I've had some use out of it and know it is working fine, I'll look into drilling out the internals to get a bit more performance.  I don't suppose you know what shot count you would get from a 12g co2 after the mods? As you have an external bottle I guess shot count isn't so much of an issue.

How have you fitted the bipod? From the pictures it looks like the bottle would be in the way for mounting one to the forearm.  I like the idea of a 24g aluminium bottle than can slide in where the two 12g co2 sapsules normally sit.
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 9:44pm
Jump into the world of air soft and have a look at some of the CO2 adaptors,larger bottles, pre made adaptor hoses and high pressure refillable 12g cylinders. It seems they have a lot more variety avaliable than you will find through air gun suppliers. Some of the refillable 12g cartridges will take 150psi more than your regular CO2cylinder.
Compatability with air guns I don't know but don't think it will be a prob.
But mostly to give you a quick idea of possibilities and directions to investigate.
Throw this into Google, it pulled up a few good links: 12g hpa cartridge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic