Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back into airguns - Hi everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back into airguns - Hi everyone
    Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 4:20pm
Howdy all, 

After a long hiatus I'm back onto airguns! I used to plink in the backyard with a couple of BSAs and Weihrauchs.  I'm now mainly into competition sport shooting - IPSC pistol, IPSC multigun and recently got into NRL22 type matches. Long story short, I ordered an Impact M3 (which is now sitting in the christmas tree safe waiting to be unwrapped). I'm still waiting on the compressor so that is a bummer. 

Looking to now get into benchrest shooting so....any benchrest shooters out there/here in Wellington?
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 6:55am
welcome mate,sounds like you are a busy boy,the impact an awsume pcp rifle,amazing performance but so ugly its beautiful,these are shooting machines,dont know of any airgun benchrest shooters but some clubs may doso,pcps have fallen out favour with many these days due to the firearms licence requirement etc,not that many of us left shooting pcps mate,i have owned and used pcp rifles and pistols for over twenty years now for small game hunting and pest shooting,there are a few pcp shooters on forum,but most seem be using springers these days.cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:50pm
Hi ya Delta Mike,

Yea the impact gives you that ability to fine tune with ease. I've got a Mk2 that i've been enjoying for a year now. I reckon you should try the smallbore range in Petone. I believe they shoot on a Wed night, otherwise there's our FT club, Central FT NZ, but it's pretty quiet at the moment with low numbers and covid.
Where are you in Wgtn?

delta_mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 9:08am
Hi Pauly5,

Thanks for the info, I'll look into those clubs. Still waiting on a few bits and pieces to be up and running. I'm based in Upper Hutt.
INDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:12am
Welcome and congrats on your Impact. That is one top quality airgun. I am yet to see one in flesh but have seen Matt dubber from SA use it to its full extent. 

Please share some pics when you open the box. 

-Inder
FAC Diana52 .22 with Maccari kit - Bushnell Legend 5-15*40
FAC HW97 .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44
FAC TX200HC .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44
delta_mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delta_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 11:14am
Here you go Inder

I got some other items like the carbon liner, DonnyFL Sumo (for comparison purposes), and the slug power kit. Got some other items on backorder (harmonic tuner, slug liner etc etc). Debating on what scope/rings to get still. I use a Kahles on my rimfire rig, looking to do the same here (again for PRS type shooting). The Nexus looks good from what I've seen.
FX Impact MK3 .22 700mm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 11:18am
Nice Mike.
INDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by delta_mike delta_mike wrote:

Here you go Inder

I got some other items like the carbon liner, DonnyFL Sumo (for comparison purposes), and the slug power kit. Got some other items on backorder (harmonic tuner, slug liner etc etc). Debating on what scope/rings to get still. I use a Kahles on my rimfire rig, looking to do the same here (again for PRS type shooting). The Nexus looks good from what I've seen.

I consider myself a Walnut and Blued steel fan. Never owned a "Black" gun but then something about Impact, it just hit right strings of the heart. Again, maybe I am watching too many of Matt Dubber vids :). Many thanks for the pic Mike. It looks great, here wishing you a many fruitful years with it and a Happy new year 2022. 

-Inder  
FAC Diana52 .22 with Maccari kit - Bushnell Legend 5-15*40
FAC HW97 .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44
FAC TX200HC .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic