Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TX200 MKII - Walnut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TX200 MKII - Walnut
    Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:56pm
Just showing off a recent purchase. It wasn't a bargain but certainly didn't mind paying for it.
Im a TX200 fan and shooter, and this one has a lovely walnut stock. Would also LOVE an Air Arms Pro Elite, but have not seen one here in NZ yet.

Nice wood, hand checkered stock compared to the modern laser etched, brass cups on the front screws - nice attention to detail. Came with a nice Japanese Tasco 8-32x mag so will do well at the range

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:42am
That's lovely Jono. I like the way light catches the grain. I think they call that flash??

Have you been shooting it much?
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

That's lovely Jono. I like the way light catches the grain. I think they call that flash??

Have you been shooting it much?

To be honest, the finish is a little flat - it could do with smoothing and re-oiling to make the grain pop, but im too scared to touch it..

I got Youngs to do a service on it, remounted the scope to give a little clearance and maybe put 3 rounds through it.. Time has not been on my side lately so eager for clubs to start up again.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 10:29am
beautiful rifle Jono,one the best springers for sure,not usually a springer fan but have allways like these rifles,but i am an AirArms owner and just like their guns.
 cheers mike
INDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 12:31am
TX line of rifle are beauties. Enjoy it in good health.

-Inder
FAC Diana52 .22 with Maccari kit - Bushnell Legend 5-15*40
FAC HW97 .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44
FAC TX200HC .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by INDER INDER wrote:

TX line of rifle are beauties. Enjoy it in good health.

-Inder

Thanks Inder, they are a great rifle. I have three right now; this walnut one that may not get a lot of use which will keep it in nice condition. I use a beech TX200 tuned to sub12 for target shooting and a .22 tx200 that was a bit of a project.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
INDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by J-S J-S wrote:

Thanks Inder, they are a great rifle. I have three right now; this walnut one that may not get a lot of use which will keep it in nice condition. I use a beech TX200 tuned to sub12 for target shooting and a .22 tx200 that was a bit of a project.

You are one luck chap Sir Smile

I have already money kept on the side to buy a TX and a HW97/77 if I ever make it to NZ. Just don't see any other springer which can compete with these 

BTW do you know what was the differene between MKII and MKIII. Is it only stock or something in internals too?

-Inder 
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 11:00am

You are one luck chap Sir Smile

I have already money kept on the side to buy a TX and a HW97/77 if I ever make it to NZ. Just don't see any other springer which can compete with these 

BTW do you know what was the differene between MKII and MKIII. Is it only stock or something in internals too?

-Inder 
[/QUOTE]

The MKIII was more built for full power for the export market. I may be wrong but pretty sure the mkII is only UK 12 footpound. It has a strong spring, and a fairy short stroke. The MKIII has a shorter piston so more swept volume, and with a strong spring gets around 16footpound. In UK the MKIII has a weaker spring to meet 12footpound limits, so its a little slower shot cycle and less preferred than the MKII.

Its a very easy rifle to dissemble and a lot of aftermarket options to tailor it to your shooting.

The HW97 and AA TX200 are both very much top end springers, there are other options for hunting though if you want more power - the HW80 is a great break barrel air rifle and some offerings by Diana aswell.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 11:56am
hi Jono,can you email me my fone dumped all my emails etc off fone and computer so have lost all the info we had been talking about mate.
 cheers
INDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by J-S J-S wrote:

The HW97 and AA TX200 are both very much top end springers, there are other options for hunting though if you want more power - the HW80 is a great break barrel air rifle and some offerings by Diana aswell.

Yes JS, 

I believe in .177 for feather and .22 (And Above) for fur. I believe TX and HW97 are best in .177 and Diana52 and HW80 are best in .22 so will pick up all four (One can wish isn't it LOL)

-Inder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic