Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pcp regulators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pcp regulators
    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 9:54am
been a very frustrating week here,setting up the regulator for the pcp revolver,was told the Huma reg i purchased for the gun had been factory set at 1800psi,as i had origionally intened to set revolver up at the reg pressure,testing reg i found the thing was set for 22psi,which was of no use to me,i had changed my mind on reg setting after a serries of tests done with revolver unreged,and found i could get the 15/16 fpe i wanted from 14.3gr pellets at 1500 psi, i wanted to run the revolver at 2800/3000psi fill pressures 2800 being my preferred fill pressure to get best used from my 3300psi hpa bottles,after very frustrating week of trying various combinations of bellvill washers in reg i finally got it set to 1500 psi and after bit tinkering with reg piston opening distances got the revolver running sweetas at 700fps with 14.3gr pellets for 15.5fpe and 650fps with 18.13gr pellets for 17fpe,exactly where i wanted,reg running just fine with only 1/2fps variation per shot over 14 shot string at 2800psi fill pressures,learnt good lesson here ,never take anything you are told as being true eh,but all turned out excellent in the end and now having lot fun with the pcp revolver,but as some will know its been long time getting these handmade pcp revolver to this stage,6 years on and off in fact now,so next time you up here Paul you can actually shoot the thing mate.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 9:55am
correction i meant 2200psi not 22psi
 cheers mike
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 11:20am
At least good to hear you got it sorted. I guess the reg adjuster did not cover the range you needed without re-stacking the washers. That's a great consistent fps your getting.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:38pm
wanted reg set for 1500psi but it was set for 2200psi,i wouldnt have got many shots at reg pressure from the 2800psi fill pressure the revolver is set up for,i can go up to 3000psi fill pressures if i want to increase shot counts,but my hpa buddy bottle i use when hunting only goes to 3000psi so i get more topups at 2800psi,i am quite happy getting 14 shots at a constant 15fpe with 14.3s and 17fpe with 18.13s from 2800psi fills,if i fill to 3000psi from buddy bottle i only get one good topup at 3000 anyway and only gain 4 extra shots,but end up filling to less than 3000 after that anyway,dosnt really matter as i get 85 shots from the small bottle at either 2800/3000psi fills anyway,the gun only holds 65cc of hpa, so i think its doing pretty good to get this shot count at only 2800 psi fills at 15/17fpe,am very happy with the very small difference in velocitys from shot to shot its only varying 1/2 fps per shot over 14 shot strings and never fall below 15/17fpe until after 1/2 shots at just below 1500psi,i think its time to just leave it alone now and enjoy shooting it eh,was a mission getting it to where it is now thats for sure,the regulator had me pulling my hair out for a while,took me few days to actually figure out what was going on,in the end i made a regulator tester,with a gauge on it at regulator end,that soon found the rat in the wood pile.
 all good experience for sure,and you can bet i wont get caught out that way again as the tester dosnt lie eh.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic