Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bit of a delemer,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bit of a delemer,
    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 4:35pm
as some will know i have been working on a 22 cal pcp revolver for some time now,origionally designed to use 3200 psi fill pressures thru 1800psi regulater to produce around 30 fpe,had few issues with it but all solved now,been testing last few days,revolver funtions perfectly,tests been so far unregulated but struck bit a problem,decided to see what sort performance could get at 100 bar fill pressures for club gun,got pretty interesting,found could get 14 shots at 7 to 7,2 fpe with only 19fps variation over shot string,adjusted hammer spring tension and got 12 shots at 11,28/11,47 fpe with same velocity variation from only 100 bar fill pressures,there in lies my delema,do i continue trying to boost power up to its full potentual or just accept it as it is and leave things alone???this was designed and intended for small game hunting and pest shooting,but at this fpe level it can certainly do that,being a tight arse i like to get best use from my hpa bottles,and at 100 bar fill pressures and with enuf power/performance at approx 12 fppe i allready have that eh!!as those who know me are aware i have spent lot time on this pcp revolver build project,but as gun is functioning and running so well at only 100 bar and giving me essentually a good small game hunting pistol,do i continue chasing more power and performance which i know the gun is capable of,or just accept it as it is and leave it alone and enjoy it for what it is now??i am amazed that can get this sort power /performance from only 100 bar fill pressures from an unregulated pcp pistol,personally am quite happy with 12s per fill from pistol holding only 80cc of unregulated hpa at only 100 bar fill pressures thats lot shooting from a large hpa filled dive bottle or evan my small buddy bottle and there isnt lot wrong with a pcp pistol producing 610/630 fps over a 12 shot string at around 12fpe with only 19fps varition in velocity over that 12 shot string.but to me this is a low powered 22 cal pcp airgun,thats my delema!!its not as powerful as i am used to evan in a pistol,my question is this??having never hunted small game with a 12 fpe pcp airgun,just how effective are they???
 cheers mike 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic