Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What make and age is this rifle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:29am
hi Paul,havnt seen you around for while bud,cool old gun eh,they still out there hidden in atics,and old sheds etc,like old cars they turn up in some funny places hidden in plain sight some times for years til some stubbles on them again.
 cheers mike
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:46pm
Hi Billbo,

Just dug out the December 2020 issue of Air Gunner magazine and it shows several old and early Quackenbush's on pages 96-100. They certainly look similar to your rifle, Billbo?

If you haven't got a copy of this Air Gunner magazine, I could scan in the article and attach it to another reply to this thread if you'd like?

If so, how do I attach a "pdf" file to a reply?

Cheers,
Myson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:53pm
Oooops... forgot to mention that this article also shows some "Gem"-style rifles too.... that also look similar! Smile
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:16pm
Thanks Dave, no I haven't seen that article, would be great to see if you don't mind. If you can't upload here send them to me at william.mascull@gmail.com
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:00am
Will do William.... I'll try to load here soon, and I'll email just in case.

Hope you find it helpful....

Cheers, Dave.
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:06am
Many thanks, anything is helpful with these old beauties.

The link below I've found helpful

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/gem-air-rifles/gem-air-rifles/

Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:21am
I've just emailed you the article William. Smile

Now trying to attach here too, for those who might like to read it....

Cheers, Myson.

Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 1:19pm
Good afternoon all, haven't done anymore on this little Gem until today being a rainy Sunday.

I think I may have mentioned before that the only thing missing on this rifle is the spring.

Does anyone in their parts bins have a spring that is 15mm or 16mm(max) in diameter? May have to use a pistol spring. Length needs to me around 200mm long approx (still need to accurately measure this length) but I don't mind if it's longer as I can cut it to length.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

Good afternoon all, haven't done anymore on this little Gem until today being a rainy Sunday.

I think I may have mentioned before that the only thing missing on this rifle is the spring.

Does anyone in their parts bins have a spring that is 15mm or 16mm(max) in diameter? May have to use a pistol spring. Length needs to me around 200mm long approx (still need to accurately measure this length) but I don't mind if it's longer as I can cut it to length.

If you measure the diameter, the thickness of the wire, and count the coils (I imagine the spring would have compressed over the years of use.) you may be able to get a close match - Ron Young may have something in all his spare bits.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:21am
got a spring here Will i took out of an old Jelly rifle while back,its 12.5 mm dia and 220mm long 2mm wire,not very strong spring but the rifle prob dosnt need strong spring anyway,yours if you want it,you can try it anyway and bin if not suitable,as will only get binned here.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic