Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barrel length Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barrel length Wanted
    Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:16pm
Good evening all,

Does anyone have any spare length of barrel preferably in .22 and 400mm+ long?

Email william.mascull@gmail.com

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 7:37am
Ron Young usually has 22 crosman barrel in vaious lengths quite cheap ,thats where i get most the 22 barrel i use from,nothing wrong with crosman barrels obviously they not up to the walther barrels,but they still good barrels,cant help you myself as dont at present have any that length can give you.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:01pm
Thanks Mike, I've checked with Ron but he is waiting on a shipment which is held up from Crosman at the moment and he doesn't have an ETA yet.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:27am
i am waiting on things from that delayed shipment too,spoke to Ron few weeks back he said approx 6 weeks away then,so must be only few weeks now.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:29am
Cool, I can wait
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:05am
me too i have a crosman 357 co2 revolver i am rebuilding and doing a full custom job on that needs a few new bitz for,i have replaced the complete co2 system but need the back plate behind the mag replaced as the small plastic spring has broken off on the origional part,this is in that shipment,went bit over board on this project,removed factory plastic barrel rib and replaced it with a solid alliminium rib with an 11mm dove tail rail etc,reshaped pistol grip and made new set walnut grip panels to suit,repolished all the alloy frame and side plate,lightly sand blasted then repainted with a baked on paint finish,turned out really nice and cant wait to be able to shoot it.
 think may have lost this one tho as Sharon has taken a shine to it for her mouse gun,so doubt will get my hands on this one once done,was checking out airguns on trade me few days ago and got blown away by the prices being demanded for air pistols and being paid for them too,500 or more for a crosman 357 revolver in one case,insane prices for most others,i guess the import ban now having an effect on prices,so can only see them increasing evan further as collectors now paying whatever it takes to add to collections now,leaving those who just want shooters out the market now unless they prepared to pay what are rediculous prices eh!!
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:11pm
Mike you will know the answer

What is the difference between an .22 air rifle barrel and a .22 rimfire barrel?

Was talking through my little project I've got in mind with a friend who is into firearms and was telling him I was after a .22 crosman barrel for it. He asked me why I couldn't use a .22 rimfire barrel. I did a little googling but I couldn't find much info on the exact differences.

What does everyone know about this?

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
Seconds later I found this

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2007/08/bullets-and-pellets-what-gives/

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 4:20pm
sorry didnt get back to you Will,22rinfire barrel is .223 bore or 5.56mm,22 airgun barrel normally 5.52 from memory,but know 22 rimfire barrel usually two large diameter for pellets,will slug both tomorrow to confirm that.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
Thanks Mike, I was looking at H&N knockout slugs today in .22 and the actual diameter of these are .217cal which I understand translates directly to 5.5mm and recommend for pcp rifles due to their exact tight fit.

I've got some knowledge to tell my mate now 🤣

Edited by Billbobnz - 03 Jun 2021 at 5:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic