Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

spriger chrono test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spriger chrono test
    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 11:24am
i know from chronoing this BSA rifle many times over the past 10 years that its a 12fpe gun with the 8.2gr jsb pellets i normally use in it out these pellets so used some BSA elete 7,87gr pellets instead,not surprisingly it came in at 11.18fpe with the lighter pellets which is fine,out of curriosity i put two different 10.34 gr pellets thru it over chrono expecting these heavier pellets to be over 12fpe,not the case,10 shot strings with 10.34 JSBs and 10,34gr H/Ns proved to be a bit of a surprise,both pellets very accurate in this rifle but the H/Ns are avery tight fit in breech and obviously the barrel allso,was expecting approx 700fps from the JSBs and little less from the H/Ns due to their tight fit etc but not to be,averaged 681.36 fps for 10.36fpe,lower than expected,the H/Ns proved evan worse at only 621.64 for only8,87fpe,allmost 2fpe less than the JSBs,being a pcp guy i would normally expect the velocitys with heavier pellets to be less but fpe to increase,but thats not the case with the springer,not really being a spring shooter,is this normal with springers,not a total loss as accuracy remained just fine,but unexpected by me,if anyone familliar with springers can illuminate me on why things work out this way ,i would appreciate any input.
 cheers mike 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic