Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hatsan 135 vortex .30cal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Excort Excort wrote:

hey guys got the barrel straight used a square looks pretty good gave it a really good clean inside and a polish with some light metal polish first 20 shots were really good grouping almost on top of each other and then it just went to sh*t pellets tumbling all over the show could i just need to put more pellets down the barrel try lead it up abit ?

I have a 125 Vortex .25 cal, same gun apart from the Calibre. I've had to re-zero it a few times. From the online 'researching' I did, they have all said these need a few hundred+ rounds down them to stabilise.
 I went for the .25 because it has a better pellet selection, and I watched a youtube review done by an ex USA 'armourer'. In reality the difference in FPE is very very small, and I know at 40yds my .25 cal hits damn hard.
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 6:22pm
Yeah in hindsight i would of gone for the .25 for pellet selection i would of easy put 500 plus pellets through my gun sometimes it shoots good sometimes it does not when i clean it it will shoot good for awhile i have read this is a common problem with big bore air rifles normally from a poor finish in the bore which results in lead fowling so i might try polishing the bore some more and see how it goes at the end of the day i dont have anything to loose in the state it is if in doubt ill get a new barrel eventually 
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:03pm
Another thing to check is the breech, is it tight? My .25cal got very sloppy so had to fix it with some shim stock to take all the movement out. Since then it's been perfectly accurate. Check all the stock bolts for tightness too
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:54pm
Well you might be on to something there man i just checked mine and it moves in all directions that wouldnt be helping at all
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:14pm
well i went over all the bolts and put lock tight on was good for about 15 shots then the breech got loose again the locking screw doent stop the bolt front turning whats this stuff you used to shim it like ?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:16pm
Email me william.mascull@gmail.com I should still have some. I'm in Chch most days so could meet to give you some to play around with
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:48pm
Hey guys just a update followed Billbobnz's advise and put some shims in the breech it was really loose so thats helped also noticed both front lens and rear lens on the scope are loose fixed the rear by putting some grub screws in there not going anywhere now but the front one i just carnt get the rings to turn to tighten up will the front lens be affecting my point of impact ?
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 6:01pm
Hey guys just a update fully taken the scope apart as i could not tighten the front lens without completely removing it the scope is a Hatsan scope i feel like they made up for there average tolerances with a heap of glue on almost all the threads everything had rattled loose so i put grub screws in the rear lens to stop that moving lock tight just was not enough front lens has been removed and lock tighted prettymuch everywhere i could so that should be good now and i also to two brass rods in under the spring that sits under the turrets as it was just sitting there and no doubt it would be working its way around with the recoil really hopeing for some good results but if not i at least had to try will test it over the weekend and see what happens hopefully post some decent groups :)
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:51pm
Let us know how it goes, I've got a Hawke Scope to pull apart sometime to explore the workings sometime.
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:17pm
Hey guys still not shooting right unfortunately i feel like the scope is good now and i have put more shims in to the breech to make it even tighter, done some pellet testing on the barrel and its really tight at the breech end, where its been pressed in to the block 3 areas are worse than the rest one is from the barrel being bent so i am trying to lap the bore now has anyone got some ideas on what i could use for cutting compound i have auto soul but i would think i would need something with abit more grip in it ? cheers 

Edited by Excort - 28 Mar 2021 at 3:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic