Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hatsan 135 vortex .30cal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hatsan 135 vortex .30cal
    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm
Hey guys im trying to narrow down what could be caurseing my pellets to tumble possibly spiral i have done the pellet test pushing one down the bore and feeling the resistance and well its abit average at one point it feels like the pellet falls through the barrel but then gets tight before it leaves the marks on the pellets are pretty minimal none on the heads of the jsb 50.15 gr bit better on the polly mags tho but still not great could my barrel be oversized ?
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:27pm
havning never had the 30cal to play with it is hard to say what is going on, I can tell you from my experience with JSB pellets that their heads are never tight in the barrel and when i measured the head size they are infact smaller than the skirt of the pellet. Not sure how many options you have with the 30 cal pellets but i would get a tin of something different and see how they go.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:00pm
Yeah there is not alot of options out there i did some more shooting today and with a new batch of the same pellets i was getting better groupings but then while cocking my gun my hand slipped on the barrel and it shot back up which resulted in bending my barrel bad enough to lift my point of impact by over a meter i have managed to straighten it but i feel a new barrel might be in this guns future.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:18am
waisted pellets are designed so only the skirt section engages the rifling,the nose is undersized so the nose rides in bore without engaging the rifling,this is normal,skirts are allso designed to be able to expand under pressure to fit and engage rifling and will expand to fit evan an oversized barrel and engage rifling,but if unrifled bore is larger than the nose section the pellet will essentually wobble down the barrel and exit barrel out of alignment,this system is all about keeping the pellet correctly aligned in the barrel,i doubt it matters if the nose is large enuf to engage the rifling as this will help keep pellet in correct alignment,but may effect velocity sightly by slowing the pellet down a little,cast bullets in firearms work in exactly the same way,in that the nose section of a cast bullet should not engage the rifling,i dont know if these rifles have a choked barrel,but if they do that may account for the tightness at muzzle,the loose spot in middle of barrel is bit of a worry tho as this will cause the skirt section to blow out more to fit this oversized section and would then mean skirt needs to once again swage down to fit the smaller section again,this will very likely cause pellet to get out of shape and not realign correctly again to the remaining barrel length,i doubt very much if the JSB pellets are the problem as these are one the most consistantly better pellets available,i allso doubt you will get a bent barrel dead straight again,so just going on what you have posted i tend to think the barrel may be faulty,it happens evan with the best guns every now and again,hope this helps.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm
Bummer about your barrel, it must be faulty. Is it still under warranty? No one gets spare parts for these guns that I can find. Bummer about the bent barrel once they are bent they will always be a little weaker.
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:57pm
Yeah pretty gutted about the barrel there are a few guys that re barrel them with lothar walther barrels so that might be a option but no idea what they are worth in regards to warranty i would say not as i have played around with the gun a fair bit but im not to worried its all a learning process ill get it as close as i can and see how it shoots might just become a close range gun till i find a replacement barrel on another note i am shocked at how short the barrel is on the .30 from memory i think i measured it at 270mm might aswell be a pistol haha
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:21am
Yes the barrel are short on these, I have the .25 version. Check ebay for barrel replacements as an option.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:32am
the barrels are short for a reason, the less time the pellet spends in the tight barrel the less the pellet will slow down and the faster it is...only problem is the pellet does not spin as fast so probably not so accurate over longer distances
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:21pm
Yeah ill keep a eye out see what comes up could change to .25 if i can get a barrel an breech then changing over would be very easy. 

Barrel length makes sense would need alot more power to run a longer barrel only option there is PCP maybe one day 
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 5:25pm
hey guys got the barrel straight used a square looks pretty good gave it a really good clean inside and a polish with some light metal polish first 20 shots were really good grouping almost on top of each other and then it just went to sh*t pellets tumbling all over the show could i just need to put more pellets down the barrel try lead it up abit ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic