Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown again....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 11:30am
I have a compressor here that fills tanks up to 240bar. Standard A-clamp fitting.

If anyone is short of air, you are most welcome to bring your tanks here for free fill ups! Smile
Bring your rifles too and have a plinck at my place - 3 ranges available.

Love these lockdowns!!! More shooting time......Thumbs Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:38pm
I must say i am enjoying this lockdown now, we are still at level 4 here and cant go out for much but i have had the chance to clean out the workshop and order some goodies online which all arrived here today. i have space for my lathe now so im currently sorting that out to get here. lots of projects to finish and i am really looking forward to getting back into making some more parts.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by nunga nunga wrote:

I must say i am enjoying this lockdown now, we are still at level 4 here and cant go out for much but i have had the chance to clean out the workshop and order some goodies online which all arrived here today. i have space for my lathe now so im currently sorting that out to get here. lots of projects to finish and i am really looking forward to getting back into making some more parts.

Nice! Im working from home and juggling 2 small kids. Not a lot of spare time and also not getting a lot of work done!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 8:11am
level 2plus been little better than level 2/3 but still pain in butt,lot things didnt get delivered to suppliers over lock down and prices seem to have gone up as well over lock down,some pellets i use and get locally have gone up in last 6 weeks by $9/10 per 500,shop owner said wholesale prices had gone up by that amount,suppliers blaming higher shipping costs but seems bit excessive to me as thats 1/3 increase locally,i finally got the pcp revolver finished and have set it up and tuned it for 13fpe with 14.3gr pellets origionally had set for 16fpe with 14.3grs and just under 18fpe with 18.13 grs for 13 shots off reg from 2800 psi and 15 shots from 3000psi but shot count was only 14 shots of reg at 3000psi,13fpe gives me 18 shots off reg at 2800 and 24 shots at 3000psi so comprimised to get higher shot counts,still gives me 15fpe with 18.13 grs so its fine for rabbits /possums etc been lot fun tuning it getting reg presure and hammer strike just right been bit a hassel, a balancing act for sure,but all part the fun eh!!getting this right certainly paid off tho as only have 43fps variation in velocity over 24 shots so standard deviation of 1.78 fps over a 24 shot string not too bad.been long project this one spent 6 years working on revolver on and off and were times came close to binning it for sure but in end was too stubborn to give up on it after putting so much time and work into it,pleased its finally done and am happy with it too.
 started few more pistol builds under lock down one for co2 in 177 and other two in 177 and 22 as pcps, all are repeaters and will be using the tandom rotary mags from the new Webley nemisiss co2 pistol,these are great little mags very small and dont protrude out breech top like other rotary mags do,they are two mags in one seven shots each side in 177 and 6 for 22 best pistol mags i have seen.
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
My 2Ton crane arrived yesterday so ill sneak out to storage and get my Lathe and milling machine and bring them home i think now that i have means to lift them into place

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 8:30am
Big smile bet you be pleased to get shop set up and running again,moving heavy machinery allways FUN eh!!and then you got get it setup and perfectly level again eh!!hope goes well,i hate moving machinery,cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:27am
looks like at least another week in L4 for us poor people in Auckland..whats annoying is that fact that where we are only just became part of the "super city" a couple of years ago. We are no where near auckland and we are still in lockdown.

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:12am
the so called super city was allways going to be just politics mate as city wont run as well as did before,specially not with the dickhead mayor its got,guys a proffessional politition whos never accomplished anything worth while in all his years as a politition,mans a fool,allways was and allways will be too his only accomplisment was he spent 9 years walking behind helen clark opening doors for her,locking the whole area and country down to level 4 was just politics mate,wasnt needed,they going to put many busseness broke cause lot unenployment and bankrupt the country the way they going,too busy being so nice they never call out and make those responsible that spread this out break or the rich and protected who allso deliberatly broke the rules,there are no real consqences for anyone breaking the rules and putting large numbers of others at risk under this disfunctional mob running the country into the ground,leaving our grand kids in massive debt they can never repay but will suffer from huge tax increases trying to doso,this is nz today and its only going to get worse under arderns leadership,be nice,the time for being nice is long gone,time to harden up now and just get on with getting our country back in busseness mate.
 cheers mike 
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:25am
Well said Mike. I'm in the medical sector in business and over the last 2 months people are really starting to wake up to this government, just wish they had woken up earlier.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 11:58am
i dont know what the answers are,but surely they could thought everything thru better and had parliment involved in making these unilateral decissions that affect the the whole country,but thats not whats been happening,these decisions that affect the whole country are being made by a few unelected public servants and a few elected polititions without any input from parliment,you bet i have issuses with that approach in what is supposed to be a parlimentry democrocy.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic