Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

laser Rangefinder and Turret tape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: laser Rangefinder and Turret tape
    Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm
I've been watching some wild bunnys grow up and multiply over the last 2 months and then over the last week they all disappear - I spotted a stoat down at the creek last Friday so that will be the answer to the disappearing bunny saga every year.  

I have finally got myself a cheap laser range finder and also doing a scope turret tape with each range marked out - calculations done through the Chair Gun app. I finally got to use the combo last night with my .25cal when this Hare popped out. stalked it down to 42m, then it spooked and ran out to 68m to which I dialed in the scope and took the shot. It dropped like a stone with the shot straight through the neck. Im so happy that this combo takes a lot of the guess out of using the mildots and remembering what dot corresponds with what range. 

Who else uses a range finder and turret tape? 

Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:29am
Hi Billbo,

I notice you are using bipods on your springer?

Do you find that method as accurate as the Artillery Hold?

I wouldn't have thought so but I'd be keen to know your thoughts on that? Thanks.

Cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:48am
Good morning,
I have mixed thoughts with them. Mastering the artillery hold is the better option or using a shooters sand bag if your shooting in prone. The bipod mounts are too far forwards which if they were mounted back further they may make for better shooting.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:41pm
I use a range finder, but have yet to put tape on my turret. Hope to do this for the extreme ranges, ie close and far, as trajectory is pretty flat. I'm shooting a pcp at 30 fpe.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 8:19pm
Interested in doing the same, tend to practice the 25 and 35 yard trajectory then use mil-dots for 50 yards, rabbits around seem to have worked that out. I use my rangefinder all the time and at 6x it is useful to have a general look around and check target results at closer range.

Any scope surviving direct mounted on a break barrel is of interest, I would appreciate more information.
Cheers  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic