Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Christchurch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:26pm
Well all the parts fit the gun feels pretty good getting a chrono soon so can test the power.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:30pm
Awesome, what is the recoil and accuracy like now?
Alpha1Zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 9:38am
Another Hi from Christchurch. 

I have made the move from firearms to airguns due to licencing issues... (Processes not losing my licence) and am looking for like minded people to get together from time to time to shoot and chat? are there any clubs who regularly meet up?

Stephen
SPD
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:23pm
Recoil feels better i havent got a scope to chuck on it yet just orderd a Hawk Scope have heard they are pretty sweet im pretty sure its hitting harder ill keep you guys posted i also added a 3mm spacer in there for abit more compression almost think i could add more but will test first.

Hey Stephen id be also interested in meeting up with some of you guys not sure about clubs but there must be some.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 4:55pm
There was only one club down those ways but im not sure if they are still going or not as i havent heard anything for over a year from them. but having said that why not setup your own club down there?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Graywulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:02am
Hi,
and welcome. If your 13yr old lad is a 'good size' he should be OK, but I have the .25 cal Hatsan (same gas ram as a .30) and they are heavy to cock (40+lbs), and after a 'few' rounds you'll feel it. I did look at the .30, but decided on the .25 for two reasons.
 1) there are several youtube reviews of both, and the .25/.30 are pretty close for FPE and hitting power.
2) the .25 cal has a much greater selection of pellets available. I've used mine with 24gr slugs, and the heavy 42gr. (this produces similar muzzle velocity to the .30cal) I can attest at 40mtrs on a bunny, the .25 hits hard.
This review I found interesting, .30 vs .25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3MvDGb_4Ss
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:32pm
Hey Nunga that is not a bad idea there is a shooting range out mcleans island not sure who owns/runs it.

Hey Graywulf yeah he can cock the .30 but only a few times its more the weight of the gun that gets him but i have the Gamo cfx and Magnum which is better suited to him i just recently pulled the .30 apart cleaned all the sh*t out it was really dirty inside almost looked like rust bore is all good tho put new seals in and charged the gas ram up to 170 bar it really feels like its shooting alot harder now the factory seal was terrible the piston just fell out compared to the new one which was not easy to get in there haha but feels good now still waiting on my chrono to turn up and see what it is shooting at .
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:49pm
How do you recharge the hatsan? I have a hatsan .25 also. It is during perfectly at the moment so won't be doing any further work on it yet but would be good to know for the future?
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 11:22pm
there is a port on the side of the vortex gas ram which takes a PCP air pump i just brought a hand pump and adapter 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic