Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Christchurch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:57pm
Hey Billbobnz  so what i can work out from takeing measurements of seals and cylinders etc the spitfire is a rebranded gamo magnum custom air seals has all the parts for these i just orderd a new piston seal breach seal and gas ram i can let you know how i get on if you want ?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:09pm
Thanks for that, yes please let me know the results. I have a ruger gas ram here that looks like it could fit but it may detune it slightly which I don't mind if the accuracy improves. I love the gun as it's very Ballanced to shoot but it's recoil has destroyed my hawke scope. I am actually going to attempt rebuilding the scope when time allows...... (Yep I'm nuts) hahaha
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:14am
I had some time yesterday afternoon to pull the BSA and Ruger Air Hawke apart. The Gas ram from the Ruger is the same length as the BSA spring uncompressed. I need to machine a couple of spacers up to hold the gas ram central in the BSA and hopefully it all works. The Spring out of the BSA was under so much compression that it's all distorted which will be one of the causes of the nasty recoil. I'll keep you posted.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:12am
will follow this one with interest as i have an older BSA sporter here thats got real nasty recoil so bad i cant hit anything with it consistantly,this one is spring bound too,dont believe its the factory spring but a new spring fitted some where in its life,a gas ram conversion sounds like might be the solution for this rifle too,dont have much interest in springers these days but its a nice older rifle thats worth saving.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:44am
Morning Mike, I'm just machining a couple of parts up to hold the gas ram in place and hopefully I can get it together over the weekend, will advise once completed.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Excort Excort wrote:

Hey Billbobnz  so what i can work out from takeing measurements of seals and cylinders etc the spitfire is a rebranded gamo magnum custom air seals has all the parts for these i just orderd a new piston seal breach seal and gas ram i can let you know how i get on if you want ?

Indeed the BSA Spitfire 10 is just a Gamo Maxxim with BSA branding, stock, but also the BSA cold hammer forged barrel which is very well regarded. 

It should use the standard Gamo seal. 

I have one on the way at a good price from trademe. I emailed Daisy (who control Gamo / BSA) and they dont have the manual or parts diagram. Its also not on the BSA website, but I think that just shows whats available to the UK market. 

Edited by J-S - 22 Jan 2021 at 1:56pm
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:48pm
Hey yes i agree on the barrels mine is very well made no loose spots at all compared with my hatsan barrel :(  my measurements worked out that it was the magnum not the maxim but we will see once stuff turns up standad gamo seal is 25mm for most but the magnum is 29mm custom air seals do them which i have ordered.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:07pm
Well Mike, I've got the gas ram from the Ruger into the BSA however...... The ram is 5mm too long so won't latch when you cock it... so going to have to source a Gamo donor ram
Excort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:15pm
Hey this is the one i have ordered 

https://www.customairseals.com/product/gamo-ats-sat-trigger-gas-ram-kit/ 

Also new seals 

https://www.customairseals.com/product/gamo-33mm-piston-seal/

https://www.customairseals.com/product/gamo-asi-breech-seal-medium/

hopefully mine will turn up soon and ill let you guys know it fits for sure 
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:56am
thanx for that,this rifle is an older super sport,loverly old rifle but been ruined by someone trying to up its power proberly,best way to descibe it as being violent to shoot it bassically trys to jump out of my hands when fired,rips scopes clean off the rail in very short time unless using steel scope rings its a real beast of a thing essentually unusable as it is,as Nunga said a gas ram will down power it and think thats what it needs,never did figure out why some try to turn springers into magnums as never seems to work out well and its unnecceary as well,11/12 fpe is fine in a 177 springer,if you want power pcps will give you that and with heavier pellets too so just dont see the point in trying to push a little 177 rifle over practical limits,when this rifle was fitted with new spring,pcps proberly were not around as its likely over 30 years or more older now but nice old rifle and worth saving and putting back into use as i dont have a 12fpe 177 rifle it will be a handy rifile to have.
 cheers mike 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic