Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Stratford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Stratford
    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 11:01am
Hi all, I enjoy targets and plinking but originally bought an airgun for pest control. 
I am lucky to live on a rural property allowing the space to safely set up target areas and also help manage possum, rabbit and hare numbers.
I have .177, .22, .25 and .30 air rifles including break barrel, under-lever and CO2.
This year I have been trialling different scopes and mounts including the SportsMatch Dampa and Diana ZR systems.
I have been impressed with the Sig Sauer ASP20 rifles which appear to have sold well in NZ when available, I look forward to catching up with other users thoughts and experience.

Cheers
Graywulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:39pm
Hello and welcome,
 Also seasons greetings.
It's pretty quiet here recently, but the odd thread pops up with a conversation. You seem to have a nice wee collection of rifles. I came here after buying just one, to replace an old broken one, just a wee .25cal. I did think about the .30, but seems to be very limited ammo available for that calibre. The .25 doesn't have a huge selection either really. 
   There's a few very technically savvy people on here, it's worth hanging round.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 3:04pm
Appreciate the welcome.
Yes the .25 and .30 calibre choice often seems to be based on availability.

.30 - I settled on JSB Match 2.9 gramme and the 3.25 gramme option is always on stock locally.
.25 - I recently changed to Apolo Domed 1.6 gramme from Argentina with JSB and Gamo options also readily available in Stratford.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 7:14pm
Hello, since you own all 4 calibre's (I am after a .30 at some stage). What is your Caliber of choice as the best all rounder? I've got a packet of the apolo in .25 but haven't done much shooting yet with them.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:44am
good to have you on board,i live at midhist not far from stratford,we lucky to have a good sports shop in stratford thats now carrying good selection of airguns and ammo,the new owners have carried on with the great shop the previous owner ran for lot of years and got more into airguns,which is great,if you want catch up pm me and will give you my fone number,not many around here into airguns but we do have an airgun club locally thats quiet active tho havnt been for some time myself,just been too busy.
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 5:40pm
Welcome to the forum hoe you stick around
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:56am
Welcome. It’s great to have you on board. Neat place Stratford. If you’re interested you have the Taranaki Air Rifle Club that shoots in Eltham.
https://taranakiairrifleclub.blogspot.com/
Their web page seems to be a bit out of date but I know that they continue to shoot most Saturday mornings.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:23am
Greetings mercs, great to have another voice around. 

Paul.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 12:09pm
Definitely a .22 fan, nothing scientific, sound is not as harsh leaving the barrel and solid thump when hitting at closer ranges.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 12:17pm
Look forward to catching up and agree Magnum Sports in Stratford provide genuine advice and great service.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic