Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbon Fiber Barrel Shroud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 11:57am
I think it maybe but not sure, I absolutely love the gun and with a few tweeks could be turned into a proper machine. The BSA Spitfire is made by gamo..... It has the Gamo 10 shot mag and barrel (no mad system now as they have the feeling they will break after a while) so a Gamo gas take should be a direct fit. Do you still have your BSA XL?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 11:58am
Mag not Mad! 😂
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:39pm
putting a gas ram conversion will make it shoot alot smoother but you will probably lose a bit of power but at least you will be able to hit what you are shooting at! i might have a gas ram for that in storage.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 5:40pm
Oh awesome, PM me with a price if you find it
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 11:45pm
No, I sold it 5 years ago. I did like how compact it was, but its recoil was severe.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 8:42am
lost track of the numbers of powerful springers that came thru here over the years with nackered fore end screws that worked loose and never got tightened up properly and ended up slitting fore ends etc and stripped screws etc got a 177 bsa here thats had all its screws either munted or lost due to them backing out and stripping threads of,as usual fore end split and threaded holes completly stripped of threads,this rifle got such a powerful spring it jumps around so much i cant hit anything with it let alone get it to group and makes hellva noise when fired,proberly a good rifle under there some where if could be bothered trying to sort it out as these older bsa rifles allways had good barrels,might be a project there for some one,i dont evan know who owns this rifle its been here so long and its owner never came back for it.thanx fot info on the carbon fiber tubing be great for making light weight suppressors,sounds like finding good gas rams can be a bit of a lottery.
 cheers mike
PS Paul will get those pics to you shortly been reall busy and havnt had time to take pics yet

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:37pm
looks like a good project - i imagine the multi-shot mechanism is unreliable (especially as they are onto the 'gen II'). The BSA barrels are still pretty well regarded so it should be a good shooter. 
We had a BSA Lightning GRT at the air rifle club in Howick and it was very accurate.

Do you have any process photos? 

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic