Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbon Fiber Barrel Shroud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbon Fiber Barrel Shroud
    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:26pm
Ive finally finished this project on my .22 BSA Spitfire. I went to re zero the scope but due to the recoil this gun has destroyed it. (Hawke sport HD) but will recheck with another scope. This would have to have one of the worse recoils ever. It fires H&N Hornets at 880fps

It certainly looks awesome and feels great to handle and cock. the integrated suppressor in in the final 3 inches of the shroud made from carbon spaces and washers to create a baffle system which has made it around 25% quieter with hopefully some room for improvement with a few experiments im going to do.

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:02pm
Will have to change this gun from spring to gas piston if I can get hold of a kit
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:48am
thats looking great,try Alex Magon at Magair,he carries gas pistons and can set them up to whatever you want.Ron Young can proberly do the same,where did you get the carbon fiber tubing from?
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:52am
Morning Mike, ok I will try them. I got the tubing from a guy off trade me that was selling off cuts. C-tech stocks tubing in Auckland though if anyone is wanting to do the same.
Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
if you want a gas piston try Custom Airseals in Australia. Very good service and beat NZ prices by far.
Got one a few weeks ago. 
A piston I bought in NZ a few years ago was a really dodgy botch up job. Just a try on. You never forget that sort of thing. 
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:01pm
Awesome thanks for that, I've sent them an email
Declan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:59am
Really nice looking rifle. You’ve done a great piece of with the modification.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:19am
That shroud looks great. If you can wait, Aliexpress sells CF tubing too. It's a bit cheaper, but can take a few weeks to get here.
Have you stripped the gun down and smoothed off the factory edges inside? This can help take the edge off and make things a touch smoother. But that is a good looking gun.

thanks
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:34am
Thanks Paul, I did look at Ali but I am too impatient to wait 😅. I am super pleased with the finished result of the barrel.

I haven't stripped down the gun yet but will do it over the next week. I've got a Umrarex gas piston gun which I picked up from Gun City with a bent barrel for spares, so will even try that ram if it fits
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:40am
Is the spitfire like the BSA XL? I had one of those a while ago, and loved it, but it had a real sharp hard recoil. It had stripped it's own stock screws it was so harsh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic