Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo CFX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 7:17pm
Nice one Pauly5.
How long to think up that one?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 7:24pm
I am a long time springer shooter, I need to get into pcp at some stage. My current project is a BSA spitfire .22 which I'm about to do a full carbon fiber barrel shroud with integrated suppressor. I'm hoping with having the stiffness of the carbon on the barrel that it will increase the accuracy and also prevent long term barrel droop from cocking. It came without the 10shot mag but they are a little fiddly anyway. Will update you all on the progress as I go.
Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 8:55pm
Looking forward to hearing about the carbon fibre shroud. I know lots, or some people do it but never really interested me.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 9:03pm
pics would be good. A few have stiffened the barrel using a thick walled carbon fibre sleeve. The ends, and where they compress between need to be exact,so the tension doesn't deflect the barrel.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 4:19pm
Gamo do seem to focus on making changes even when not required, R&D team must be instructed to get something new out every year. Feedback and queries from owners appear to be ignored, not sure who they listen to but does not appear to be anyone from this part of the world and definitely not me.

I have eight Gamo rifles, several are hard work and just for fun however when Gamo put power aside and stick to their base designs they can produce reasonable rifle.

.22 CFX - underlever - spring piston. Accurate and good value for money. (12.2 ft/lb)
.25 Shadow - break barrel - gas piston. This rifle rewards with every shot. (14.2 ft/lb)
Both of these shoot well from fixed sights but are set up with one piece mounts and Gamo 4x32AO scopes and are great for plinking out to 25 yards.

Just for fun Gamo choices.
.22 Magnum gas piston is surprisingly good at 40 yards but very harsh to use. (29 ft/lb)
.177 BG Adventure spring piston is bright orange and younger visitors will use it all day.(14 ft/lb)
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 9:15am
the unfortunate facts are that these days most firearms and airgun manufacturers are owned by large corperations whos sole interest is making the biggest profit they can for shareholders who dont care about the products these corperations make,who they sell them to or evan if those products are suitable for purpose,so companys are run by accountants whos sole interest is keeping costs low to boost profits anyway they can,the bigger the profits the higher the share prices go,its got nothing to do with producing good products,customer satisfaction/customer service,s they simplily dont care as long as shareholders are making money,this is big busseness today,its corperate piracy at its best and proberly criminal at worst,but its all about maximising profits in the end.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic