Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zoraki silencer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoraki silencer
    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:04pm
So to start, many thanks to Mike, for doing this barrel for me. This now meant I can make this pistol a little quieter.

It's a cold windy Sunday here in Titahi Bay, so nothing better to do than hunching over a lathe in the garage.

Using my last piece of black delrin, I made the two ends, and a fitting baffle. I used the black, because I like the way it stays with the "black" theme of this gun, and aluminium would have been to obvious.

This was the concept

So to work I go.

And.......voila! some pieces. I still have to drill some holes in the baffle to vent backwards, but everything fits nicely. I even fluked having a locating recess in the baffle so it snuggles onto the barrel end.

I then cut the carbon fibre tube to length and did a dress rehearsal. At first I left a gap, showing some barrel, but I think the full concealed look is way better, kind of like a carbon wrapped super car.

This looks way better I think, being snugged up to the barrel.

My wife has lovingly made me some dumplings for lunch, so it's a good time to stop. Next thing is to tap a hole to secure the silencer. I was thinking about making a threaded delrin set screw so it won't scratch the barrel.
patcheye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patcheye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:04pm
Hey...!!!

N-I-C-E,,
but what a co-incidence. Last night just after I posted my ask about lubes etc, my brother and I pulled out our Zoraki HP-01's - we each have one - and they are still brand spanking,, probably fired abut 5 - 10 pellets through each. I remember getting them from Ron Young when they were a new gun in NZ but we could only get the smaller barrel one's. I'm not to worried about that though. Both or ours were covered in this white powdery stuff which I took it, came from the case and foam stuff they came in. A cleaning rag soon fixed that in short time. We then argued about who put the dent in the garage door when they missed the target - him...!!! hahahaha...

Back then I wanted an extended barrel for the exact reason  that you have shown above. I like it..

Al
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 6:45pm
Mmmm, nice dumplings,

Make sure you hang on to your Zorakis, they are like hens teeth now, and fetching large prices on Trademe.

Ok, so I have drilled the baffle, and test fitted and fired. Pellet passes through ok, and sound is quieter, but I still need to get some material to fit in it around one of my hair rollers.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by patcheye patcheye wrote:

Hey...!!!

N-I-C-E,,
but what a co-incidence. Last night just after I posted my ask about lubes etc, my brother and I pulled out our Zoraki HP-01's - we each have one - and they are still brand spanking,, probably fired abut 5 - 10 pellets through each. I remember getting them from Ron Young when they were a new gun in NZ but we could only get the smaller barrel one's. I'm not to worried about that though. Both or ours were covered in this white powdery stuff which I took it, came from the case and foam stuff they came in. A cleaning rag soon fixed that in short time. We then argued about who put the dent in the garage door when they missed the target - him...!!! hahahaha...

Back then I wanted an extended barrel for the exact reasonĀ  that you have shown above. I like it..

Al

Al,

it's pretty easy to change the barrels, just gotta get one of course.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 7:25am
i use the cheap kitchen scouring pads for suppressor packin Paul you can get them in many thickness at super market,just cut them so can make a tube outa them and tape then so stay together,but i mostly these days make extra baffles,which seem to be quieter,suppressor come out well mate looks awesume on longer barrel you right definally looks better hard up against muzzle,right out of devlon myself too but dont know were to get locally yet.carbon fiber tube looks good and nice and lightweight too,cant silence the revolver as has to be muzzle fitted and would make gun too long,so thing goes off like a cannon but thats part the fun of shooting the thing too,as you know dont need to silence any guns round here no neighbours and those do have are allways letting of shots from shotguns and hi powered firearms so no one takes much notice of gun shots round here,noticed any air pistol now going for ridicuous money on trade me lately due to the bs import ban wish hadnt sold off our large collection of co2 pistols 18 months ago got good money for them but they worth triple that now i see.glad barrel working out well mate .
 cheers mike
patcheye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patcheye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Al,

it's pretty easy to change the barrels, just gotta get one of course.
Yeah, I noticed that the first time I cocked/loaded it, just held in by a couple of screws, but at that stage I think from memory that Ron didn't have any spare barrels or anything for them and it would be a while before he got any more. He was lucky to get the limited few he did get. I guess it was just another one of the things I just put on the back burner with all the others...

Al
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:43pm
So I silenced the Zoraki, but last night, the Zoraki silenced some pigeons.
I took it with me on a shooting job, as I knew I would have some close shots +/- 5m. I shot about 6 with it. It walloped them nicely. I must admit, the high prices they are fetching made me think about selling it, but after it's performance last night, it cements it's position in my gun cabinet.

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 7:10am
thats definatly a keeper now Paul,be real handy for work,the suppressor came out really nice and being made carbon fiber and synthetic will be lot lighter than alloy suppressor too so wont be too muzzle heavy either,alloy suppressors just make pistols too muzzle heavy for me and the carbon fiber suits the rest of guns finish as well,nice job mate,that little lathe coming in handy eh!!.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic