Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Horowhenua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopsuey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Horowhenua
    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 5:41pm
Hi all Chris here, 

New member from the Horowhenua, been shooting rabbits and other pests on the Market garden since i was a youngen, started with a break barrel .177 and then mainly rimfire. Looking at getting back to an air rifle, maybe a PCP. 

Cheers
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 8:18pm
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay here! If you need anything just ask :)
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 6:49am
welcome and as nuga said just ask someone can proberly help.
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 5:53pm
Hi Chris, welcome.
Graywulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 1:39am
Welcome Chris,
 You'll find air rifles have 'grown' in the last 'few' years... we now have some big calibre's available, and now 'gas springers' about as powerful as 'lesser' pcp rifles. I went for one of those rather than 're-sit' a lapsed firearms licence. It's nothing like the .22 I purchased 20+ yrs ago.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:00am
we now live in the golden age of airguns,thats for sure,modern airguns aint the same as grand dads old bb gun and nothing like the springers many of us grew up with either,modern airguns have become very sophisticated hunting and shooting equipment,proberly because of my long history hunting and shooting with firearms pcp airguns being very simialler to firearms in many ways,this is the type of airguns i like and use,but having a keen interest in all things airgun related i follow the development of other types of airguns with interest allso,without a doubt spring and gasram type rifles havnt been been missing out either,they have allso like pcp airguns come a long way in last 20 years to,gasrams have completly changed break barrel airguns,as the rams can be tuned to enhance power/performance on many of these guns to give power and performance only dreamed of with springers,but springers havnt been left behind either as modern technology has significantly improved them as well,these days it would be a very hard person to please who couldnt find an airgun that suited them for whatever purpose they use it for,as the choices in airguns has become so diverse today.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:02am
we live in the golden age of airguns today for sure,all types of modern airguns have come a long way in the last 20/30 years,these aint remotely like your grandads old bb gun thats for sure.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:05am
dont know what happened there got message when posted first post that couldnt post coz was spamming etc,hence second post ha ha.
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 8:04am
Haha, youre our new spammer Mike.

Chris, we are always keen to hear what gun you get or have. New pcps are pretty flash, and pricey, but there are still some good old ones out there that do the job just as well, and with style. Either way, it's exciting hearing what others get.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 8:53am
apparently so Paul the system cut me off from posting with a spam warning,ha ha but system posted the post anyway unknown to me so did another post and found both when checked later ha ha,
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic