Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

scope mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope mounts
    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:20am
did deal with fellow forum member for a pistol scope to put on my pcp revolver project couple weeks back,but didnt know tube size for the scope,as had to make special set scope rings to fit this gun,made the assumption scope would be the usual 25.4mm diameter,but allso made set bushes for 20mm scope just in case,scope arrived today turned out be a 30mm scope,of course it wont fit my custom made rings eh!!pity coz they rather nice rings eh!!so back to the workshop to make new set rings for a 30mm scope,got to laugh eh,some times sh*t just happens ,good side is these were first scope rings had ever made and was interesting project anyway,at lest now i know best way to make nice scope rings,so next set should be evan better ,not total lose tho as will now end up with two sets od rings that that will fit any scope size now for this gun,so guess thats a win.win in the end.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 8:10am
raining again today so will spend day making new set of 30mm scope rings as scope dosnt have bell on front can slide rings straight onto scope so dont need the usual type two part split rings so plan is to make two rings as one piece rings machine dove tail clamp on bottom at required height then split ring thru the dove tail and use single capscrew to pull two secctions together onto scope and dove tail at same time having only the one visable screw on each ring,all neat and tidy,will need to get scope section clamping first to get good hold on scope then hand fit the dove tail so it too clamps tight,be bit messing round but should make nice clean looking setup,i guess will soon find out if will work out as planned as havnt made rings this way before.
 cheers mike 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic