Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Now This would be Cool (I think :-))

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 5:52pm
That looks good to me, especially if you want to retain the look. But of course massive shot count doing it Billbonz way, in which case functionality outweighs look. Always a struggle in some cases.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 6:44pm
Andy, I've just looked on Aliexpress and you can buy refillable Co2 canisters off there. They look like they have a threaded join half way up. You could buy a few of those and see if Mike can turn up up a longer cartridge to extend it
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 6:45pm
This could be what the guy on YouTube has done
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 6:49pm
have never been a fan of hanging large heavy co2 bottles off co2 guns,and dont like eposed co2 lines either just to fussy i guess bout weight and looks eh,have made up quite a few custom made bulk co3 bottles for different guns,allways done in such a way it didnt destroy the oridional gun,so cuold be put back to origional simply be removing bulk fill bottle,had made several refillable recycled 88gram co2 bottles out of empty ones,i bore the necks out /thread them and fit two way valves in i make myself for guns that use these bottles this a good way to keep origional looks but get the cost advantage of cheaper bulk fill etc,its not hard to make special bulk co2 bottles for most co2 guns evan the pistols that use the little 12gran cylanders can be bulk filled with specially made small co2 cylanders if you got the time and equipment to doso,nothing is impossible but miricals do take little longer.
 cheers mike
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:15pm
Yes, I muddled through the 'live' Portuguese to English subtitle conversation of the said video clips, it appears that's what he did, bought a refillable cartridge that unscrews to two halves and he got a friend to make the middle tube, threaded male and female, one at each end that made the end product the exact same length as three 12 gram cartridges. I don't know how much benefit there would be, it appears that refillable ones have less power/shots than the store-bought ones, (according to various articles I found on the web). Also, is there a danger of over filling them, or is it like filling a lighter, just keep pressing till it won't take anymore?

Perhaps I'm just a closet PCP guy, and I just need to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and get a FL and associated gun cabinet, it's just the financial outlay that is the hurdle :-( (lottery win is needed)

I quite like the Co2, it's just too quick to start dropping the shots short..I thought if I had a bigger cartridge, it would go for longer.

This is starting to sound like 'Dear Diary' :-)

Cheers,

A.
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 8:37pm
Yes, this looks like a possible alternative, however as Dave metioned it's a bit bulky.

Would you be able to remove the canister and refit it without losing  Co2 I wonder, or is it in place until it's empty...

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Andy-A Andy-A wrote:

Now this would be cool, for the CR600W (I think) pity it's in Portuguese :-)

It relates to making an elongated 12 gram refillable cartridge (Just in case you don't like clicking on links :-))

A project for you lathe warriors :-)

A.

Digging up a old thread as it asks some of the questions about extending a 12g co2 cartridge but they weren't all fully answered.

From where I stand as someone with very little knowledge on the topic, the extended 12g cartidges seem like a perfect way to increase the shot count without modifying the gun.  With two or three of these and an easy way to fill them, I think I'd be sorted.

But why am I not seeing more people doing this? There must be some drawbacks I don't know about?

Edited by Elliot87 - 16 Mar 2023 at 3:15pm
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:55pm
I do like the idea of a 88grm, I could do put those on my cr600 to make it lighter for stalking with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic