Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Now This would be Cool (I think :-))

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now This would be Cool (I think :-))
    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:55pm

Now this would be cool, for the CR600W (I think) pity it's in Portuguese :-)

It relates to making an elongated 12 gram refillable cartridge (Just in case you don't like clicking on links :-))

A project for you lathe warriors :-)

A.

Edited by Andy-A - 01 Nov 2020 at 8:57pm
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:58am
making refillable co2 cylanders not hard,done heaps them,good way to fill bulk co2 cylanders is to used syhon type co2 fire extingishers,you can but bulk filling stations for extingishers i got mine off trade me and wasnt expenisive.
 cheers mike
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:18am
Thanks Mike, good to know. It was the idea of having a co2 cartridge that would  fit the equivalent size of the three 12 gram ones, that was refillable that appealed to me.

I'll investigate more :-)

Cheers
A.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:05pm
I would bulk fill it, I did this to a crossman 1077 a while back and the consistency was awesome. I used a paintball bottle then tried HPA with a 850psi regulator (co2 runs at around 750-800psi) I probably crossed the boundary of legality as it turned it into a pcp but the consistency per shot was so much better even over the bulk c02
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
CCheers, I'm still new to all this, and conditioned to try and get things to work to the max :-)
The issue is acquiring a bottle that would fit into the CR600W bottle sheath (not sure what it's called,)
Would a paintball bottle be that shape?
Cheers
A.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:21pm
I made a dummy co2 canister out of solid aluminum that had a 1/8 bsp thread in the side for a HPA quick release to thread into. You would need to drill into the stock and the canister tube for the quick release nipple to come out. A paint ball remote line then connects between the bottle and quick release.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:27pm
I havent done it, but I believe the best way is to have a hose running to a larger bottle. This would be tapped into a adapted fitting to sit where the small canisters go now. Search Gmac customs. Billbobnz has a good suggestion too.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:31pm
PM me and I will send you a photo
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:32pm
Cheers sir, as I said before, a gold mine of knowledge :-)
As are quite a few of you on this forum

A.

Edited by Andy-A - 02 Nov 2020 at 11:32pm
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 4:30pm
I still like the idea the guy in the YouTube video has, just not sure of the pros & cons of it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic