Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Save Our Pistol Grips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save Our Pistol Grips
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:05pm
Hi Everyone,
You can now make a last minute submission at www.saveourpistolgrips.com to maybe save our pistol grips for A-Cat firearms. I urge you to be part of this movement. Many of you will have a firearms licence. Most of us have witnessed the slow reduction in our rights as firearm owners. It would be nice to see everone in the shooting community participating.

The website will send the submission (below) to the following people:
Anne Tolley (Minister of Police)
Judith Collins (Minister of Justice)
Peter Dunne (United Future)
Richard Prosser (New Zealand First)
Kris Faafoi (Labour Police Spokesperson)
Michael Dowling (COLFO)

You can edit the message before sending.

The only way this will succeed is if everyone gets behind it. The website will be promoted on every forum and across facebook.

If anyone has pictures we can use of pistol grip semi autos it would be much appreciated.

The editable submission below:

BAD LAW MAKING GOOD CITIZENS CRIMINALS.

On December 11th 2013, the Arms Amendment Act 2012 will come into force unwittingly turning thousands of sports people into criminals. These sports people will be punished for doing nothing more than purchasing and enjoying the use of a modern firearm fitted with a pistol grip. The pistol grip is a natural evolution in the safety and performance features of our firearms.

I AM STONGLY OPPOSED to the consequences of this poorly thought out amendment and the affects it will have on my community. Government and Police are driving an increasingly larger wedge between themselves and those that enjoy the exhilaration of hunting and the personal satisfaction of shooting in the safe manner that we are licenced for.

FORTUNATELY THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR ALL INVOLVED.

My solution is to simply keep the legal definition of an MSSA pistol grip exactly as it stands under current law. Law abiding citizens can then continue to enjoy their chosen sport. This solution would be seen by thousands of licenced Kiwi firearm owners as going a long way toward helping mend the increasing rift between Government, Police and my community.

I urge you to participate in ensuring that the legal definition of a MSSA pistol grip does not change.

This message was bought to you by www.saveourpistolgrips.com

Edited by Nunga - 26 Mar 2014 at 9:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic