Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Hunting Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SIG ASP20 .177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 10:17pm
Hi Myson,
 not been on here a few days. My rifles a Hatsan 125 'vortex' .25 quoted as about 29fpe with a 26gr slug.
  I've done a bunny and rat, and yup it does the job Big smile
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:31am
many firearms uses just get how effective an accurate airgun can be,i was the same til bout 16/17 years ago when got back into airguns after never using one for over 40 years these days i rarely use a rimfire for small game hunting and havnt really missed the firearms i find i can do pretty much every thing i used to do with a 22rimfire just as effectivly with the airguns i have,i can allso safely use the airguns where i would never consider using any firearm purely on safety reasons,the end result of that has been its opened up a lot more hunting areas for me that had allways been closed or off limits if using firearms,i dropped a large male fox with a 22 cal springer doing bout 16fpe at muzzle with 16 gr pellets at close to 30 yds with one shot to the head,just dropped on spot and never evan twitched on my cousins farm in aussie few years back and have shot several more since with same rifle over the years,have shot several medium sized goats with one head shoot using my 35fpe bsa pcp rifle around here over the years using 21.14 gr pellets,so dont believe airguns are not effective with well placed pellet eh!!
 cheers mike
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 8:51pm
Bought the Sig .177 ASP20 last March. I found it as accurate as my fixed barrels, managed to get the matching Whiskey3 ASP scope and have installed it using  a SportsMatch dampa mount.

I have since purchased the .22 ASP20 and it is just as accurate, this is fitted with a Panamax 3-9x40AO as the Sig ASP scope has been discontinued.

Both have >2000 pellets and are regularly used for pest control including possum and rabbit.
Happy to add photos and reviews if there is any interest.

cheers
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Yea, sounds good. I'm keen to see what setups others are using.
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:54pm
Thanks Mercs.

Good to hear others are finding the SIG so accurate and grunty too!

If only the trigger were smoother - it's very OK but once you've experienced the HW97 trigger, nothing seems to match it!

I'm about to setup my ballistics chart from 10yds - 100yds this holiday (with zero at 50yds) at x16 magnification.... can't wait!

Have a super Christmas y'all!!! Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:29pm
How did you get on with your ballistics setup.
My .177 ASP20 appears to have a very flat trajectory out at 40 yards only requiring 1/2 mil-dot of holdover.
The Whisky3 scope eventually failed so has been swapped out for a Stealth 4-12x40 which is working well but lacks the adjustable objective so I am having to adapt. Stealth optic has 10 year warranty and at $200 I will give them a chance.

Sig AirASP20 .177
Pellet BrandH& N
Pellet typeBarracuda
Average fps923
Grains10.64
Grammes0.69
foot pounds20.13
Joules27.3
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:53pm
Yea. 177 @ that power is a laser beam.

My .22, 18 grn @ 908 fps has a hold under of approx 25 mm at 25m, for a zero at 50m, so pretty flat and good for bunnies.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:25am
hello stranger,havnt seen you around for while mate,you right bout hi vel 177 with right pellet being a laser the old lonestar set up with 10.34 barracdas at 980fps shoots so flat it a laser for sure,it will reach out on calm day out to 100yds and has taken quite few maggies out to 100 now most being around 80 but thats long way for a little 177 for sure.
cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:28am
mercs,you n i should catch up i like just out midhurst on NP side.
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:31am
G day Mike, yea i'm still here, plugging away. I was thinking about you and the BSA you have when this came up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic