Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air rifles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:42am
hi buddy,you dont need licence for any airguns except pcps,not surprising our police giving you false info,most dont have a clue about our gun laws so you get their own opinion not facts mate,might be bit tough trying to bring evan an airgun into nz at present,they gone bit feral bout guns here recently,while not illegal to doso,they dont like it now so tend to make it as hard as possible to do.proberly hoping most will give up trying to get thru the paper work etc,but you can walk into any gun shop with ID and buy any airgun except a pcp.hope that helps.
 cheers mike 
INSTR JF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INSTR JF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:46am
Good day
I'm new to the forum and soon new to New Zealand, joining up with my Fiancee already working there.
Would like to ask a question most like answered before, but I'm getting mixed answers from different sources.
I know from reading on the police site, that license is required for a PCP air rifle, but not for as breakneck nor a CO2. Does that mean a foreigner like myself can own a air rifle to join clubs or not.

An individual at one of the police stations mentioned that that was incorrect and that all forms of air rifles needs a licence.

I'm an active competition shooter in the larger calibers, as well as an advanced firearm instructor in South Africa. Would like to continue shooting even if it means under the air rifle categories.

Thanks for your time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic