Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HW45 project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 7:42am
man thats come out awesume,credit to you mate,looks better than factory.
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Well done Jono, that's been a good project, and it looks sweeet!

Cheers Paul, looking forward to shooting it.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by dvlnme dvlnme wrote:

man thats come out awesume,credit to you mate,looks better than factory.
 cheers mike

Cheers Mike, im pleased with it so far. Still have to see how it shoots!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 8:10am
iave put it all together right and used all good parts etc,it will function and shoot just fine,these are top quality airguns mate.
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:09pm
Well... I got Ron to install the new spring and guides, much to his annoyance as he now recalls how much of a pain these are to work on.. but nevertheless he is a good sort and got it done and the gun DIDNT WORK!! He did the spring install, the rest was my problem..

Turns out reinstalling the sears one of them dropped under another so it wasnt engaging. 
Out come the pins (carefully as I didnt want to ruin the coating), out comes the cylinder (luckily this is self contained now), out come some other trigger mech parts and flip up the sear. 
Back together again being careful not to slip the pin punch, and IT WORKS!

I shortened the spring 1.5 coils to ensure it wouldnt become coil bound with the new spring guides, polished the ends as usual, and combined with the new softer parachute style piston seal it lets off with a nice 'Thock' rather than the Weihrauch Twang. 

The kick is subdued and gentle but still present which is noce in a spring airgun, and the pellet flies out at 500fps. A little lower than factory but expected with the spring shortened. I need to wear in the spring to see if that changes, as well as check the barrel clearance is correct to ensure good contact with breech seal. 

The final things to do are A) get a new breech seal as the one I have is a little chewed but still ok, but could benefit being new.. B) Set up the trigger as per an easy tutorial by Jimmy Dee, that results in a nice crisp setting that breaks very cleanly. 

Will take some more pics then... Im not sure.. I guess put it away in a case, or up on trademe..
I really dont get a lot of chance to shot pistols, and need to decide if I enjoy the gun or the process of restoring it. 

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:18am
you wont have any trouble selling it but you will proberly regret doing so,know that from experience having parted with many firearms and airguns i should have kept over the years,i never sell guns i have rebuilt or hand built myself now days as way things are today you cant replace them,this is particually so with pistols,as very few are now imported,so few you may as well say none are allowed to be imported now,some times guns are just keepers mate.
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 9:23am
I would agree with that. None of my pistols are really noteworthy as both yours Jono, or Mike, but the fact that once gone, they won't be replaced is sad.
You can keep that one with the pride of having brought it back to life.
But of course, if you don't want it, I will swap it with my 1377.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:31pm
Cheers guys. I do understand sellers remorse.
I had the same with a customised Crosman 2250 pistol I did, nothing amazing but I think maybe the first airgun I had modified / customised, I would still like to do another of those..

I have listed on trademe, but the reserve is at a point where is someone wants to pay that then that’s ok, as I can probably afford to do 2 more custom jobs with it!

So am not expecting to sell, but am ok with it if it does.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic