Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TX200 Custom stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TX200 Custom stock
    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 8:08pm
About a year ago I got myself a piece of walnut to make a stock, and did the bulk of the inletting and shaping then. I never finished it completely then, but a couple of weeks ago I got inspired again. This stock was a target style, to be used for field target, so it was a lot deeper in the fore end than a typical stock, so it may look a lot bulkier than what most are used to.

So took a saw to it. I shortened it, slimmed down the fore end, and profiled the hand grip a lot more.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 8:52pm

I finished the stock with linseed. I diluted about 50 ml of linseed with 100 ml turps. I used a light abrasive pad to work up a slight slurry, then stopped rubbing as it dried. I left it a couple of minutes, then wiped off any excess with a clean rag. Tis gave me a light, satin finish. After drooling over that, I left the stock for a day, then re applied more with some wet and dry 380 grit sandpaper, working up a nice slurry again. I really like the finish, it brings out a bit of depth in the grain, while remaining satin and smooth.

I used some black delrin to make feaux screw cups for the stock screws. They finish that detail just right, I reckon.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 9:10pm
One more photo. It's very comfortable to shoot, with nice tight grouping in seated FT position, but I have found my standing shots are better due to a good head position, and weight distribution.

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:25am
that came out well mate,credit to you,better still it works eh!! thats allways a bonus,got so walnut coming to restock the 22 rimfire double rifle getting expensive now for some with bit nice grain tho.
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
nice mate, job well done
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 5:31pm
Wow thats looks totally awesome. Cant wait to get a TX200 myself
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 10:06am
The slimmed down version looks great, still has some meat in it so imagine she's pretty stable.
You could always add a removable / adjustable hamster to it to switch between sporter / FT mode..

I have a chunk of rimu destined for something. It may end up going on the paintball frankenstein gun if i get it going.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 8:30pm
Wow nice stock ,  thought you are a hw guy :) 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 9:24pm
I am giving the TX a good go. I picked one up about a year ago, and had never realy shot one much. But HW were my first love, the first good gun I got when I got into airguns.
shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 9:34pm
Nice! I still got my 2 TXs.. I am currently eyeing sig Asp20 in 22....dont know why... But... 23 ftp.... Gas ram.... Sounds cool....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic