Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gun test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:53pm
That looks a fantastic piece of kit. Are single shot pcp pistols still obtainable with out a FAL?
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:27pm
Wow Mike, that is a sweet looking revolver.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

That looks a fantastic piece of kit. Are single shot pcp pistols still obtainable with out a FAL?

There is no requirement for a FAL for a PCP pistol, it could be multi shot and semi auto. The catch is the Police are not giving any import permits for restricted airguns - ie airguns that look like a pistol.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:24pm
Ok awesome. Thanks for that info.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 8:14am
seems to me that laws pertaining specifically to any type airguns havnt yet been included in the new bs  gun laws ans as the old system no longer exists in law apparently,nz police are bassically making up their own rules,and still carrying on as if the old system still is the law particually when it comes to airguns they dont like for various reasons,as new laws give nz police a lot of discression there isnt much we can do about import permits and bans etc,as to wether this is legal,its not yet been tested in court,so status quo will remain until either law changes for airguns come in or police discression becomes the accepted version of the law by government,dont hold your breath on anything changing for the better with this government,nz police hate pcp airguns,are parnoid bout anything that remotely looks like a pistol so nothing is ever now likely to change these opinions with nz police now they have the power to bassically interperate or enforce any gun laws now as they see fit and apparently licenced firearms holder and every one involved with anysort of firearm or airguns users have under these new laws no legal recourse to test them in court now either,its pretty much a slam dunk for the antigun mob,government and nz police and we all lost big time as its now a done deal. 
cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 8:39am
in those early pics gun is still very much in the build process,nothing been fully finished or polished,still machine tool mark on some parts tho they dont show up in pics,dosnt look much different now just been polished bit more,been fun project but a long one,spent 6 years now working on it on and off and being essentually a proto type there been lot changes made to some things over that time,some parts had be made several times to get them right,this takes time as there some pretty tricky machine jobs making some parts,allso had to make quite a few specialized tooling and jigs to machine some things,the hpa system its that complicated,but the mechanical side was bit tricky to sort out and like most revolvers these parts need be very precisely made and fitted together then timed so every thing functioned exactly in seqenece etc for gun to function reliably and as it should,truth is i could have built several good revolvers as firearms in the time spent on this pcp revolver,but no point in building any gun i cant legally own and use eh!!am pretty much over firearms these days any way,pcp airguns been my favourite small game hunting and pest shooting guns for many years now facts are that since i changed to airguns the airguns have opened up many more places i can hunt and shoot now that had previously long been closed to if using firearms,so got more places to hunt now.
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 1:29pm
That revolver is awesome.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 6:42am
not much been happening here over last week,been in hospital due to bursting a blood vessel in my nose,was bit off a major issuse,and lost large amount of blood before they sorted it,not evan sure yet if its fully resolved so got take things real easy for few more weeks to let body make up for the blood lose,and still bit wobbly on my feet and feel like sh*t,so cant see me getting any workshop time in for while yet.
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by dvlnme dvlnme wrote:

not much been happening here over last week,been in hospital due to bursting a blood vessel in my nose,was bit off a major issuse,and lost large amount of blood before they sorted it,not evan sure yet if its fully resolved so got take things real easy for few more weeks to let body make up for the blood lose,and still bit wobbly on my feet and feel like sh*t,so cant see me getting any workshop time in for while yet.
 cheers mike

Take it easy!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 7:13am
got no choice but take it easy,lost so much blood guna take while for that to get back to normal,as still bit unsteady on my feet etc,but feeling  better every day,tho wont be climbing around the hills for a while i think,but gives me plenty of time to get back on the drawing board working on my 25cal lever action pcp rifle project thats my next build project,nothing particually special bout this lever action rifle its all based around well known, well used hpa/pcp technology,the only difference being it will have a full metal receiver with a lever action simialler to a winchester lever action rifle and will use an 8 shot rotary magazine i designed and have allready made,based loosely on maurader mag mechanically,have top grade custom 25cal barrel Ron Young got me from the crosman custom gun works,made by green mountain barrel works specifically for crosman custon built rifles,crosman apparently dosnt normally sell these special barrels but Ron managed to score me one a while back some how,excellent barrels and lucky to get one,like all my guns now this one will be regulated,the plan is to set it up for approx 55/65fpe using 30 plus gr pellets to give me bit more power for feral cats than the 22 guns i have.
 the design concept is little unusual in that the breech section will be machined as a single unit from a single piece of 1inch x 6inch alliminium plate to a simialler design of a traditional lever action rifle,the idea being a solid receiver with all the working parts inside this receiver and covered by a separate machined outer receiver cover proberly made from a suitable piece of alli box sectioned made to fit etc,this will allow me to more easily machine out the internals of the receiver from both sides where necessary,still in design stage on drawing board but well under way now and looking good,actually quite a simple desisgn as all lever does is operate bolt/cock hammer etc/mag based on maurauder design is self operating and requires no mechanical parts in gun to operate etc,this action could very easily be changed to be a pump or slide action which i may look into for another rifle eventually possibly in 30 cal,having owned several of the Korean made lever actioned rifles previosly and found them rather hard to cycle their lever actions due to the type of internal hammers with rather strong hammer springs etc i have designed my lever action to use an exposed swinging type hammer simialler to the revolver to resolve this cycling and cocking issues,this type of swinging or pivoted hammer is very easy to cock as bolt simplily cams it over ,rather than having to actually push hammer back against a strong spring,result being a very smooth cycling easy to cock action,still some design work to go yet,but getting there,more to come on this one .
 cheers mike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic