Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gun test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gun test
    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 8:24am
thought be better if started new thread for this,rather than butting in  on others Paul,well things went better than expected didnt really know what to expect from gun,so was surprised how it went as thu revolver uses same valve as the old single shot Clark pistol,the revolver hammer is different is little heavier and has longer stroke,had compensated by using lighter hammer spring but didnt really know if got it right,just dumb luck it worked out as it did i guess as it pretty much equaled the old single shot first time fired tho did have wider velocity spread am putting that down to the single shot being set and tuned to run exactly in its sweet spot,and not knowing where sweet spot is in revolver yet,it dosnt matter any way as the revolver will be regulated,now got to decide wether to leave gun setup as it is,and go ahead and fit reg and run at full 3200psi fill pressure once i have sorted the leak issuse,tend think leak coming from either damaged seals at valve to hpa tube/tube end cap,fill valve not adjusted right or valve poppet not sealing properly,will put gun in water bath before disassembling that should indicate where leak coming from,hope its nothing major that i stuffed up some where,been a rather challenging and at times frustating project this one,kind of jumped in deep end with this one mate.trouble is every part of this pcp revolver is hand made and only takes something very small to put spanner in the works eh!!could be just a very small machine tool mark on something critical i missed too.but anyway was fun firing it for first time as it functioned perfectly mechanically,action smooth as glass,trigger pull very nice,happy with that part,just got to find and sort out the leak before continue and set gun up and tune it,good to know gun is capable of the 30plus fpe as that was the design goal,but think will down tune it to around 24/26 fpe as this plenty for my purposes and will give a higher shot count as well,so interesting times still ahead with this one Paul.
 cheers mike 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 11:15pm
That sounds exciting Mike. I wish I was closer, so I can come and look at it again.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:08am
certainly interesting now i have finally got the gun to the stage i can at lest test fire it,as you know its been a long time getting it to this stage mate,its very different to shoot than any other pcp pistol i have fired thats for sure,because most the guns weight is at rear end,balance point just in front trigger guard there is a very perceptable muzzle flip upwards on firing,wouldnt call it recoil but you certainly feel the gun jump when fired and see muzzle flip up,goes off with bit a boom,due to not having any suppresser more of a boom than the crack you get from hi powered unsuppressed pcp rifle prob because of the shorter 11in barrel certainly fun to shoot. The plan now is to sort out the issuses i mentioned then continue testing at full power just to see and confirm what its full potentual really is,and then remove that hammer spring and play around with different springs til i get one that gives me some where around 23/24 fpe with 14.3 /16gr pellets,and then try other lighter springs just to find out where the gun wont function properly off reg with a decent shot count,would be nice if can get it tuned allso at around 15/16 fpe with 14/15 gr pellets for club use ,been thinking bout what i really would use it for these days,it bassically came down to just rats and the occassional rabbit/posum out to max pf approx 25/30 yds,so dont really need that 30 plus fpe setting for most things mate,just really want a practical club and pest shooting handgun these days,if i can acchieve this just by changing hammer springs etc i will still have the 30plus fpe option as well just in case i want it .
 still a way before i get it right mate,but having now spent 6 years on and off on this project a bit longer not going to matter eh!!!i dont want to anodise and colour it until i dont need dismantle it several more times to work on it,havnt made mind up yet wether to anodise it silver or satin black,what colour having seen it what colour do you reckon would suit it??got used to the polished alli finish and kind of like the silver colour personally,seems suit the gun ,got be anodised to give it a harder wearing finish than soft alli.
 cheers mike 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:44am
What sort of colour does anodising give it? Is it a slightly duller silver?
Yes, I like the finish now, but a slightly duller silver would still look good too. I can't really think of any other colour for it, and I agree, it will benefit from that harder finish too.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 6:50am
silver anodised finish i like is very much like brushed stainless steel they use on stainless steel firearms  sort of a satan silver colour not quite as shiny as the polished finish mate,havnt been having much luck with doing anodising myself,got the anodising process ok but not having much luck with the dyeing process,think its the type of dye am using,got a mate who runs the anodising plant at ans allininium manufacturer in new plymouth have asked him to get me some the silver dye they use,but if have to will get him do it for me,only costs $100,but still want be able to anodise things myself,not a hard process so must be doing some thing wrong here,but never done it before so just a learning curve i guess.
 cheers mike
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:30am
Sounds awesome! Would love to see some pics of this beauty again!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 7:46am
i cant post pics,\ Paul got the few pics i sent him ,maybe will have take and send few more to him and have him post them,got to get a smart fone eh!!all dismantle AGAIN at present sorting out some small hpa leaks that came up during test fire sesson,had expected a few as thought may have damaged one hpa tube seal during assembly and never really know with a handmade gun if everything exactly right with valve seats etc until its fired few times with this one as its little more complicated inside than the usual pistol,i spent 6 years now on and off on this revolver project so this latest version has some parts from previous guns and some new parts etc so bit of a hybrid in some ways so some parts been in several different guns now before this one,thats proberly part the problem with the leaks etc,wont really know what any probs are til study all the bitz n pieces properly i guess.
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 7:04pm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 7:06pm
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:17am
thanx bud they not best pics i took but give the general idea eh!!will take some more soon and send to you,have just got my first smart fone mate once figure that out things will change a bit with pics etc i hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic