Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hello to everyone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 10:41pm
Very nice! If I could only have one gun, a springer would be at the top of my list.
Graywulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:18am
I've just been watching a youtube of the 135 .25 (wooden stock version)  guy was target range shooting at 100yds, and was still pretty damn accurate, with pretty fair grouping, heck!!!
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 8:54am
they are getting a real good rep for accurracy,but at the end the day its still the man/woman behind the rifle that brings the best out of it and makes it happen ,in the end it all really comes down to knowing your rifle/what its capable of doing and then learning how to shoot it to make that happen,practice/practice /practice eh!!i shoot all my hunting guns in practice every chance i get,and definately fire more shots in practice than i ever do for hunting,i believe that once you have found the pellet/pellets rifle gives best accurracy from,just stay with it,as pellets are made in batchs,every batch is slightly different,it pays to buy as many you can afford from the batch you got best accurracy from origionally,as next batch just may not be as accurrate,top brand like JSB,H/N and some others are very very consistant over different batchs,but you cant assume they will be exactly the same from batch to batch,barrel cleaning is a big thing as well as soft unlubed lead projectiles will allways leave some small amount of lead in barrel over time,this lead build up will affect accurracy over time as well.
 without a doubt we live in the golden age of airguns today,our modern airguns are a far cry from those not many years ago,the best of them are very sophisicated shooting machines today,there have been more advances made in airgun technology in last 20 years than in the previous 100 years,and we get the benifits of all that inovation today.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
Graywulf, JSB Hades pellets in .25 cal have become available on trade me. I've just got a set and can't wait to try them out.

I'm having a little trouble with my rifle at the moment. Seems to be spraying bullets everywhere, Might be the scope, might be the gun. Will rebuild it sometime soon.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:17am
have you ever cleaned the barrel??airgun barrel need to be and should be cleaned every 2/3 hundred shots,they do get build up of lead in rifling that needs to be removed from time to time,never use a bronze brush in airgun barrel,barrels softer than firearms and bronze brush will ruin them,look it up on net,plenty info on this.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:24am
Yes I cleaned it a couple of weeks ago, used patches and one of those wooly things. I have noticed that the barrel has a very slight side to side movement in the breech which will explain the lateral spread of the pellets, movement looks like it's coming from the pivot area.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:01am
Maybe it needs shims for that pivot? And are all your stock screws tight?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 2:08pm
Stock screws are tight, I need to get some shim stock for another project so that's an idea. Many thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic