Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hello to everyone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 2:21pm
Good shooting. Gotta hit those cats right.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 2:25pm
Ive tried to upload a photo but its not working
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:21am
like Paul said got hit cats just right eh,evan with hi vell 22 rimfire they can be tough to kill at times,how do those barracuda extreme pellets go? got some in 22 cal but havnt tryed them yet,they certainly look nasty,
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:51pm
Hello Mike, Barracuda Hunter Extremes are my most popular pellets. My .177 rifles love them as well as my .25cal. They definitely do the job and hit like a hammer. The cat inshot yesturday was the first cat with this rifle and when it ran off after the shot, i reloaded ready for a follow up shot but never needed it. They are very accurate too. My advise to you is try them out and let me know how you find them, im guessing they will become one of your favorites very quickly too.

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 8:52am
can you put pic up of them got some nasty looking barracuda hollow points here some one gave me in 177 and 22,was wondering if they the same,use lot barracuda pellets in 177 and 22 they allways been accurate in my guns and little heavier than most pellets too which i like,proberly my favourite all round pellet in my 40 fpe 22 rifle,and plan use these 21.3 gr pellets in revolver as well on full power the revolver will be giving 32fpe with 21.3 gr pellets so guna pack a wallop for a pistol particually as it should give 12/13 shots off regulater at that fpe level by our calculations,if those nasty pellets you are using come close to 21gr in 22 they should be awsume in the revolver.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 2:10pm
Finally, here are some pics of the rabbit and cat taken with Barracuda Hunter Extreme .25cal

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 2:13pm
Size difference .177 vs .25 - H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme 

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 6:17am
thanx for pics,my next questions are,do they expand reliably,what velocity is your 25 cal rifle driving them at?the barracuda hollow points i have look like the same pellet,but without the cross hatching,dont really know if they expand as the 22 rifle i have used them in has enuf power to drive them right thru everything i have shot with them,into the ground behind the target so those i did recover were munted by impact with ground,but going on comparisions of damage caused by simialler weght pellets and thehollow point versions,the hollow point did more damage,so logical to assume the hollow points were opening up to some degree i guess,use 14,3gr crosman pellets at times in same rifle and have chronoed them at just over 1000fps and i know they definatly expand in fact they disintergrated as only ever find bitz of them but thats got lot to do with the high velocity i think ,have seen some good reports on the pellets you using and them expanding but one ones said at what velocity,velocity got lot to do with how well a hollow point projectile expands as far as lead bullets go and there been lot pulished data on lead bullet performance particually regarding handguns,as velocitys from handguns are very simialler to airguns the results should be very simialler i would think and pellets lot more fragile than lead bullets,would be very useful if pellet manufacturers published the data from their test results in more detail for us to read,maybe some us could get together and do some testing of our own as a project and put results up on here,easy enuf to make a balistic gell as test medium i as well as few others have a chrono and would be interested in doing such a project.
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 7:36am
Yes good idea, i dont have a chrony but will be able to do a Gel test.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 7:47am
done lot gel tests over the years with both firearms and airguns,tho gell not exactly like the real thing it does give a very good indication of projectile performance in flesh,it will certainly prove or disprove if or how a hollow point will work,its allways amazed me just how much damage and the size of wound chanel can be evan with a domed pellet that dosnt expand can do,many domed pellets will deform significantly if hitting bone,particually if velocitys are still high at impact,most airgun pellets evan if impacting at 450fps will easily kill rabbits /possums with a brain shot and can penertrate more than one would think,old rule of thumb with airguns was that a domed pellet losses 50% its fpe by 50yds in 177bcal with 7.5/8 gr pellets and bout same with 14/16 gr 22 pellets,things change significantly if pellets weights get heavier as heavy pellets tho having lower velocity retain velocity better for longer so retain more energy for further its not really all about fpe with airguns but accurracy and putting pellets in exactly the right place,of course the more powerful the airgun and the bigger and heavier the pellets get the more effective they can become and the less critical perfect shot placement can become,the amount damage done with body shots with heavy 22/25 cal pellets leaving barrel at 1050fps has to be seen to be believed at times on rabbits etc,i have recently done some gel tests using my 177 cal 24fpe rifle with 16.4gr pellets at 100yds,dont know what velocity was at 100yds but pellet went right thru 200mm of gel and left massive wound chanel,couldnt believe what happened with such a tiny pellet,those 16.4 gr 177 pellets left barrel at only 830 fps according to my chrono,so you never really know what really happens until you look eh!!
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic