Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hello to everyone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 2:07am
I have bought one tin of the Eunjin 43.2 grain hunting slugs. There are supposed to have around 500 FPS at the muzzle on my rifle, and were quoted as have good effect on larger small game, Groundhogs,Raccoon etc. I'd guesss in a PCP they would hit like a hammer.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:33am
Hi Graywulf, Great to see a new face here. 

Paul.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:46am
hi Paul,some years ago i had a korean lever action 22 pcp rifle that could push 32 gr pellets out muzzle at 1050 fps,at time that was heavest 22 pellets there were it wouldve been a great rifle for those 40 plus gr pellets got rid rifle because it was so heavy,best thing bout the real heavy pellets is they hold velocity better and for much further than light faster pellets,so actually shoot flatter over longer distances and buck wind lot better as well,i shoot 16.4gr pellets out of the BSA rifle got from you Paul at 24fpe at just over 800fps they shoot flat out to as far 100yds and will penertrate 200mm balistic gell at 100yds,still cant get over just how well that little 177 rifle performs mate,havnt shot it for groups at 100yds but accurate enuf i can keep 3/4 shots into a 100mm x 100mm block of gell at 100yds,no probs on magpies out to 100 m,just drops them on spot,ran out of 18 and 32 gr pellets long time ago in 22 cal but the other BSA 22 rifle pushs 25.4 gr jsbs out at 780fps for 40 fpe and shoots flat out to 100yds as well,not powerful enuf i think for heavier pellets tho,velocitys would be too low to get a flat trajectory with any thing heavier,now these 40 plus gr pellets out wish had kept that heavy korean rifle eh!!wouldve been fun to try with these new heavier pellets,actually had 2 different korean lever riles the other had tuned in US for 40gr bullets at approx 105 fpe,this one wouldve been just ducks nuts with 40 gr pellets tho wouldve been close to supersonic with 40gr fine for bullets but so great for pellets eh!!bout to do first test firing with the 22 pcp revolver Paul,so that guna be interesting and bit fun,going do tests tethered without reg fitted but run gun at the same 1800psi reg set for,so can tune gun to suit reg before i fit it,but wont really know shot counts until reg fitted and filled to its 3200 psi fill pressures,gun set up for full power setting at approx 30 /33fpe depending on pellet weights etc,expecting at lest 12 shots on this setting off reg at 3200 psi fills,but time will tell eh!!
cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:43pm
Gee, can't wait to see the pistol in action.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:31am
i would think they would if they had a bit more velocity behind them be nasty,velocity not everything tho,just gives more energy and flatter trajectory,but a 42gr 22 pellet going to have lot of penertration and over penertration not allways a good thing as it wastes energy unless it does massive damage on the way thru and the higher the velocity is when it hits the more damage it will do,the other side is that if it stays inside the animal due to low velocity,it will dump all its energy inside the animal.seems to work either way,i have killed foxs in aussie with a 22 cal springer and 16gr pellets doing approx 750fps at muzzle for approx 18fpe at muzzle,its not allways bout the amount of energy but more bout pellet placement,i alls have shot quite few good sized feral goats with 22 cal pcps 16/18gr pellets at 800/900 fps in the 24/35 fpe range,all were brain shots and death was instant,25 would be better choice with 30 gr pellets for larger animals like goats and small pigs than 22cal,but both work just fine with good pellet placement, i have no doubt my little 177 firing 16,2 gr pellets at 830 fps for 24fpe would kill a goat with a head shot as it will put that 16,2 gr pellet thru just over 200mm of ballistic gell at 100yd leaving an impressive wound channel,would be interesting to see what that 42gr pellets does out of your rifle over the chrony as thats lot of lead for a springer to push.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:53am
getting there Paul as you know been long slow process mate,trouble is i think just too damned fussy bout getting everything exactly as i want it,been too many times could have been at this stage and fired the thing,then decided didnt like something and set bout changing it again,completly redesigned and rebuilt gun since you seen it,having decided was too heavy,so threw out the origional brass valve and made new valve from alli,and gained extra 11cc of hpa capacity in process by redesigning the valve,and took out 10 oz in weight just by getting rid the heavy brass valve,was worth while but getting bit anal as i then redesigned the guns frame and took out another 2 oz in weight,think got it all now,cant see anything else to get anal bout mate,it was getting bit rediculous,this constant changing things sort got out of hand and i am still thinking of adding another power setting on top the two it allready has as want shoot gun at club and evan on its current low power setting of 24fpe its bit too powerful i think,looking at adding lower setting in the 15/16 fpe range,if i can get that off regulater,which is set at 1800psi more mucking around eh,but this time will leave that til gun gun tuned and running right on the other power settings before start messing with it again eh!!think got to stage i just need stop messing with it and get to just shooting and enjoying it.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:51am
here we go Paul,first shots thru the revolver,bottles needed filling so only had 2900psi to play with ,filled to 2700psi,filled mag with 12 15.43 bsa pellets fired 12 shots over chrony,this is what i got,849.1/855.7/884.8/903.8/917.0/945.5/909.1/897.1/875.2/852.3/826.7/820.2.a min of 23fpe and max of28fpe,this is without reg fitted,and 500psi below intended fill pressure,28fpe was at the same 1800psi the regulater set for,so i resonably can expect 12 shots or more off reg from the full 3200psi fill at 28fpe with this pellet weight i would think,did two more 5 shot tests with 14.3 and 21.3 gr pellets before bottles fell below 2700psi,so discontinued further tests til get bottle filled as gun seemed have sweet spot between 2300psi and 1800psi i filled gun to 2300psi for these 5 shot tests,5 shots with 21.3 gr gave 810.8/820.2/821.9/827.7/809.1,which gave 30.96fpe at lowest and 32.48fpe at highest using 14.3 gr for 5 shots at same 2300 psi fill got 943.4/963.3/960.4/948.2/930.7 thats 27.46fpe at lowest/29.47fpe at highest,looks like with bit tuning and reg fitted using the 3200psi fills i got a goody on my hands here mate,had few leak issuses so will pull gun down and replace seals before i continue testing,prob fit reg at same time,so interesting mate,will update when done work on gun .
 cheers mike
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:06pm
Graywulf, let me know what your heavy Enjin pellets are like through the gun. Ive just been sending H&N Barracuda 30.86gr through my gun. They drop 2 mildots lower over 50yrds than the hunter extreams and obviously alot slower but hit very hard. Im hopefully doing a rabbit hunt on Monday so will update you on any successes.
Graywulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 10:46pm
Will do, but no idea yet WHEN, I'll get a chance to go shooting with them.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 1:59pm
I got 1 rabbit yesterday at 40m and a pesky wild cat that ive been stalking on and off for the last 6 months. I finally got this from 30m this morning. Both taken with my Hatsan 125 sniper .25cal, using H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme pellets. The cat managed another 10m before it expired.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic