Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Hunting Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which air rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which air rifle
    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 3:07pm
So I have been contemplating my first purchase for a while now, I would like something accurate for 40-50 yard shots on rabbits and maybe the occasional possum., .22 and well built so I can get a few years of use out of it. Cannot be a pcp or CO2 shooter. What I have come up with my research of amazon and you tube reviews (not manufacturers) are between the Diana n-tec 350 Panther at the top of my price limit at $750 or the Ruger Impact Max from the local store. For either I would get a leapers scope sometime soon, so I what ever I get will need to have iron sights out of the box.
Any suggestions on either of these or something along these lines would be appreciating. Thanks in advance.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 6:50pm
What about a Cometa Fenix? I know a few guys rate them well. You may have enough for a scope under that budget too.?
Or maybe Walther parrus?

http://www.airgunsnz.co.nz/5-airguns

http://www.airgunsnz.co.nz/6_walther

Personally I quite like this deal on Trademe at the moment.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2598358802
bash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 7:20pm
Oh sorry, the 750 is just for the rifle, maximum, I will have to spend an extra 150-200 on the scope and rings.
bash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 12:02am
The cometa fusion has a few impressive reviews, thanks for the tip Pauly.good price from airguns as well. Cheers.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:43pm
I second the Cometa Fusion - they are a great rifle between the lower range Gamo, Crosman, Benjamin etc, and the German made beauties of Diana / Weihrauch, which are only topped by the mighty Air Arms (oh no he didnt!)

Regarding scopes, if you can get a package deal with a Hawke that would be good. They are air rifle rated with a good warranty (if buying new). Im not sure where you would eve get a leapers these days? 

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 4:48pm
Oh no he didn't!!
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 7:09pm
i should be able to get you leapers scopes got a friend who imports them for soft air mates,will give him a call and see what hes got in stock,i get them for just over $110 each,cheap as chips,got a few on some my rifles,had no issuses with them but quite lightly built scopes compared to hawk ,dont know how they stand up on powerful stringers tho coz only use pcps,
 cheers mike
bash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 10:21pm
So I have gone and done some homework on air rifle scopes and yes it seems like I was looking at american pricing. For a Leapers UTG  3-9x 32 or 40 AO for under $250, I was dreamin'. More likely I am looking at a Hawke scope and one piece mount.
Also getting closer to a decision on the air rifle, though I need a little more help.....
It is between an RWS 34 premium, Diana 340 n- tec or spend the extra money and get a Weihrauch HW80. The deciding factor will be which rifle I can make quietest for not much I.e less that $100. So looking at a slide on suppressor or a cheap thread on job and how much I want the quality (HW80).
At the moment, from research, the RWS 34P comes out of the box the quietest.
If anyone can shed some experience on this scenario I'd appreciate it. 
p.s accuracy over velocity, got that one dialed in.(power is still important though ae!)
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:00pm
Did you look at the HW80 on trademe? Inc scope. A slip on silencer can be put on that. Springers aren't really that noisy, especially compared to a pcp. I would say most of the noise is heard by the shooter from the action, and I reckon that a synthetic stock can add to that noise if it is hollow. I stuffed my 97K butt with old socks, helped a bit.
My first scope for my springer was a Nikko, this one, https://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/Nikko_GoldAirKing4-12x42.html
I liked it, and would buy another.
bash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 8:01am
The Trade me HW80 sold for $811, new they are not far off this price at airguns.nz without a scope though. They obviously hold value well. 
Thanks for the tip on the nikko scope, this looks really good + mount.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic