Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a cunning plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a cunning plan
    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:58pm
this one for you Paul,just got a cunning idea,what you reckon bout fitting a marauder mag to the single shot lonestar pcp rifle,should be real simple,bassically machine the loading tray out of breech,make a new loading port to fit a marauder rotary mag,and you got a repeater,coz no need to have any mechanical parts to operate these mags,the rifle needs no mods other than make a loading tray to fit the mag,i have the scope mounted so low on rifle its bloody hard to load with my sausage fingers,this should sort that out ,just got wait now til Ron gets a new supply mags in and guna do this one.should work fine with the 25 cal lonestars as well.what you reckon mate????
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:08am
Yea, that's a great idea. I guess you need to expose a bit of the barrel breech to locate the slot on the mag.
Could you use a magnet to hold it like those little CP-1 pistols use?
But, that would be a great mod for it.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:54am
have looked at cpi mags and will proberly go that way coz cpi mags smaller and wont protrude out of breech as much as marauder mags,both same price,not a big job,just need open up breech alittle then make an insert to take the mag to fit into breech cut out,will use magnet to hold in place,should be a good mod to lonestar,simple way to turn into a repeater eh!!quite a difference between the lonestar and sportsman repeater breechs,tho like the bsa mags and how neatly they fit into breech etc,they are a mechanical mag that requires a mechanism in the gun to work so bit complicated set up really,best thing bout the marauder type mags is they simple and need no mechanism in gun to function,cheap as well.
 have to buy a marauder mag any way just to get the spring from it for the mag i built for my 25cal rifle build project are just starting,have to wait til lock down over to get the mags i need anyway,Ron was out of mags when called him few weeks ago and waiting on new shipment,so both projects on hold til lock down over anyway mate.
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 9:25am
Remember to charge up the camera, and take photos for when we can post them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic