Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another week

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 7:34am
once lockdown is over Paul and you up this way you may just get to fire the pcp revolver this time mate,finally made hardened and fitted all the missing mechanical parts to make mag function correctly,so gun finally functioning as a revolver should,still have little work to do fine tuning the mechanism to get the timing perfect,but everything working now,have decided to change valve a little before i go any further,but now very close to being fireable,been a bloody mission getting these mechanical parts right,if had been a firearm would have been simple,but being a pcp airgun complicated things mechanically some what and it turned out to be bit more complicated in getting everything fitted together and functioning correctly,its really all about timing,getting several interconnected parts working in their correct sequence and at exactly the right time in the cocking and fireing sequence,with a bit of compound leverage thrown in for good measure,when hammer is cocked the gun has to first unlock the mag,then rotate and index to next chamber during cocking stroke and then lock into fireing position at exact time hammer reachs full cock,as hammer drops on fireing the pawl lever that rotates mag has over ride mag ratchet to pick up next tooth as hammer drops,gun must stay locked until after fireing,then unlock as hammer gets kicked onto safety notch by valve stem as valve shuts etc.mag needs be free to rotate on safety notch for loading etc,lot going on here in a millisecond mate,and it all has to work perfectly in time and correct sequence,a mechanical night mare,its no wonder i drink eh!!allways knew was going to have some challenges getting this right,proberly the hardest part in building this gun to get right eh!!but all done now so onto next job,reworking the valve a little.
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:38pm
So level 2 in a few days. things slowly getting back to normal....one thing i am worried about tho is this government's promises for all this funding....where are they going to get the money for all of this? they have run this country into the ground the last few weeks giving millions of dollars to businesses that can aford to get through the without help and the smaller guys are closing shop. it sucks big time, im just thankful i still have a job to go back to once my hand is better. And now they say bars can only only open if they have one server per table....fantastic, these guys now have to triple their wage bill and they are limiting their customer flow at least by 50% because of table restrictions ....i cant see them recovering. this government needs to wake up
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 6:15pm
never been any different mate its allways the wealthy and powerful that get the biggest chunck of taxpayer money when things turn to sh*t,and these same people caused the sh*t to happen in first place.just as its allways the wage earning tax payer who allways foots the bill,the wealthy never pay their way,dont pay tax,keeping those who have to work to live on minimum wages just enuf to survive to maintain the wealthys life style,to answer who will pay for this!!the next generation will by being taxed evan more and becoming poorer for it as well while the rich get richer off the backs of the poor as they allways have,nothing changes never will either mate,and this mob will make an evan bigger mess of things before the dumb voters figure that out .
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic