Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another week

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another week
    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 6:07pm
Well we have another week of lockdown. How do you guys think the government have handled the situation?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 6:55pm
while not a fan this mob,i tend to think they are handling it right so far,but do have concerns about all these planes coming in from india and else where over next few days,if they stuff that up we will be in for more lock downs etc.dont think any other government here would have done it any different mate,nothing changed much around here tho,we dont have much contact for long periods with the outside world any way,so life continued pretty much as usual here,hows it been your way??
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:02am
I reckon the right thing has been done. It's been pretty easy for me, as I have still been able to go out and work, but been really quiet.
Looking forward to shooting some rabbits though.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 2:25pm
Well i havent been able to do much anyway with my arm in a cast. been on the phone with the site manager this morning and we putting together a work plan to get the construction site back up and running again on Tuesday, there is a lot of new rules we must follow, some make no sense some are good, either way the new rules are going to slow down the work output by a lot.  and ill probably be manning the gate and sign in book by the looks till i get this silly thing off my arm.

But all in all been okay. made lots of moonshine and kept busy.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:14pm
I think all things considered , they have done a pretty  good job. Im going to leave it at that .Otherwise it will turn into a bitch/moan fest.

Im enjoying the time with my family but cant wait too go back to work , my hands are the cleanest they have been for a while (diesel mechanic). I know I will be saying I need a holiday the week after I go back but that's just the way we humans are right.
As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm
well i have had a good week,spent much of the week finishing the parts and polishing them and case hardening them for my pcp revolver project,bout time got my a into g and finished this gun,as hadnt done anything much to it for the last year,been a while since i had done any case hardening and totally enjoyed doing it,the Cherry Red case hardening powder i use is dead simple  to use and results allways excellent,hard enough so a file wont mark them,good nuf for me hard enuf i need to use a stone to get final fit and finish. lot small interlocking and interacting parts in a revolver and all need to work perfectly for a revolver to function correctly,and the mechanical working parts in the pcp revolver a little more complicated than a firearm,took me a good while to get all these parts right and functioning correctly,and was bit worried some might twist when hardening,but all came out perfectly,never know how things going to go when hardening small weird shaped parts,dosnt take much for them to warp out of shape when heating then qeuching them,bit of a lottery at times,and a real bugger if warp and have to make them all over again too,was lucky this time,so thats a bonus,i used to make my working gun parts from tool steel but didnt have much luck with them after hardening tool steel hardens right thru,leaving small weird shaped parts prone to warping,they allso with small parts can end up brittle if not annealed correctly so gave up on tool steel years ago,mild steel case hardened works better for my purposes,any way had lot fun doing this over past few days,and still have hammer and trigger to go.
 cheers mike
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:05pm
Nice mike !
I found a spinning target in my shed and have been shooting away at it. Really has helped my stance/aim in a couple of days. Went out tonight and managed to smoke a rabbit at 40m.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:12pm
used to have quite a few spinning targets but my pcps destroyed them all,got a 3mm thick stainless steel plate here thats all twisted outa shape on several holes thru ,its been hit in same places so many times.
 cheers mike
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:16pm
Wow , that’s some power mike.
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 6:34am
have had some pretty mean as 22 cal pcp guns over the years,my two korean rifles both were very capable of 80/100 fpe with heavy 32gr pellets and up to 40 gr cast bullets,but my 32fpe pistol and 35fpe rifle will destroy steel plate and targets easily enough as well with heavy 21/25 gr pellets,particually if pellets are constantly hitting in same place for any length of time,they will evenually punch a hole thru tough 3mm stainless plate,this plate will stop a 40gr hi vel 22 rimfire bullet for many shots but the rimfire will eventually punch a hole as well.pellets and bullets vapourise but dump all their energy on steel plate,so will eventually punch holes thru,hi vel firearms jacketed bullets will penertrate quite thick plate andthe copper jacket never goes thru but the soft lead core will penertrate every time,go figure that one eh!!been lot of stuff published on why lead projectiles will penertrate steel plate when the jackets dont,no one has yet come up with a definative answer why this happens,logic should dictate the lead shouldnt do this but it does eh as its much softer the steel.
 cheer mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic