Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tough Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:22am
I will be cranking up the still shortly, did a test run yesterday while im waiting for my 25L of turbo yeast to finish doing its thing. I used up some old grapefruit wine that we experimented with last year, it was pretty bad so i run it through the still and i now have around 500ml of 80% goodness to mix with my coke. Happy times. Beer
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:13pm
whiskey ? I havnt tried home brew yet.
As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:39pm
its pretty strong stuff. it will put hairs on your chest!. ill run a batch through twice and it will come out around 90%. ill make my apple pie moonshine out of that and the end result will be around 60%

jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 3:34pm
nice , do you let your mates have a sip of the moonshine ?
 A few mates have tried homebrew and still doing it , I found I didn't have the time but hey , I probably will if this lockdown continues.
Mind you , my wife already nags me I drink too much lol
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:39pm

This is my current setup. im using the BBQ to heat the brew. i had a thermostat on it but took it out because the BBQ didnt go down low enough with the heat to make it efficient enough so i am just running it through the still twice to get the same results. its not perfect but it is more than efficient to get the job done.

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:44pm
mate,sounds like that brew could get a man in bit trouble eh!!
 cheers mike
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm
Daughters 3rd birthday today. What a full on day , along with some potty training. Had a cake and my daughter and I decorated it , then she ate a large chunk. Resulting in a sugar high , but not as bad as I was expecting. Managed to get some landscaping done and all in all had a super day ! A 10km ride was in order for me to blow off some steam on my old ten speed.
What did you lads get up too ??

Edited by jusepy82 - 07 Apr 2020 at 7:11pm
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:47pm
Well I spent the day at the hospital and i have a nice new shiny cast on my arm, climbing trees to cut them down and moonshine do not mix! dont try this at home kids Beer

jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:51pm
Oh mate that's not good news !
What colour cast did you go for ? I guess shooting is out of the question for you now.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:31pm
Ive got a black cast..and yeah shooting out of the question at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic