Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dont want this forum to go same way as nz airgun f
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dont want this forum to go same way as nz airgun f

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dont want this forum to go same way as nz airgun f
    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 5:16pm
that being said,i hope others feel the same.nunga good nuff to keep up and running so we need support him by keeping it iteresting and active,or we lose the only airgun forum left in nz,and that be one hellva shame,coz face book not any where near as good as an active well informed forum on line,too much bs on face book to find anything of value ,so get behind nunga and keep our only truely airgun forum not only alive but triving,coz once gone due to lack of particifcation or interest we all lose something special 
 cheers mike
Edz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
I agree Mike,especially with the current state of affairs.Interesting how forums wax and wane,I think they just have to keep their visual appeal in trend and whats new in the airgun world along with some historical content.Check out some of the latest airgun offerings at the 2019 shot show.Some pretty innovative rigs out there.
Ed.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 1:33pm
Im glad someone posted this. I had made my mind up that i would not renew the domain name or hosting due to lack of posts and interest. seems pointless to keep it going when no one posts anything. Having said that i was just about to post something in the hunting section of my latest outing Thumbs Up
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:01pm
if comes down to money nunga to keep up and running i would be prepared to help out their mate,maybe few others could do same,as this the only dedicated airgun platform in nz now,be hellva shame we lose it,i havnt been around for while either,as we lost all our internet while back,n took while sort that out,but back now and will be long as forum up and running.
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:54pm
cheers for the offer mate. Money is not the problem. just didnt feel like investing it into something that no one used. Hopefully things will get a little more active around here.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:03am
dont understand why airgun forums struggling to survive in nz coz they do everywhere else,overseas forums very active,but seem to have just died off here,and gone to social media and thats just not as good,mostly filled with junk posts
 cheers mike
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 4:54pm
Hi guys. Yea social media isn't as good, but has sucked the forums dry.
Maybe it could be used to direct some people back?
Forums retain the info that's put into them, where social media dilutes it.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:38am
Hello , I am a ex member of nzairguns. Whatactually happened to the site? I have joined this site as igo bunny hunting with my .22 cometa and also a .177 .

As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:06am
I believe the guy that  owns it isn't motivated to upkeep it anymore. Especially after Chch, as he is an importer of firearms, and his priorities changed. That's my guess, and I could be wrong.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:54am
Regarding the other forum, it went down a while ago and was resurrected. But went down a second time around the time of Christchurch events.. Coincidence perhaps.. 

The problem with forums in general i find is access..
Everyone has a smartphone attached to the end of their nose, and unfortunately social media is the first port of call.. Forums provide better information with better searchability, but usually only accessed when killing time at work.. 

Social media is getting more and more pedantic, so less and less 'allowable' content, and pages / groups getting shut down all the time. perhaps there will be a drive back to forums 
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic