Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gamo pellets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gamo pellets
    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 5:09pm
am not uaually a fan gamo pellets,like many have found they just not accurate in most the guns i own,but having purchased from Pauly a bsa lonestar 177 cal pcp rifle bassically a not functioning gun.i rebuilt it and sorted it out,fitted the small huma regulater that came with rifle,set rifle for 10.34/10.60 pellets at approx 980fps to suit these pellets and got suppurb accuracy from this set up,having never really been a fan of this little caliber in pcp rifles or any other for that matter either,i am constantly amazed just how well this caliber can perform,so decided to try heavier 15.4 gamo G/HAMMER ENERGY and H/N 16.36 gr pellets in this rifle as it had the power to push these heavy pellets at decent velocitys in the hope the heavier pellets would hold velocity better at longer distance giving higher fpe on target etc.
 big surprise with the gamo 15.4 gr pellets,they actually gave excellent accurracy,equal to the 10.34 gr pellets,i certainly didnt expect this to happen going on past experience with gamo pellets,tho am still testing this pellet,results on magpies out to 75plus yds is excellent allso,far better than i had thought would be for sure,the jury still out on this pellet as yet but is just as good at present as the slightly heavier H/N 16.34gr pellet,still havnt chronoed either pellet yet,so cant give actual velocitys yet,but will doso shortly,but expect velocitys to be in low 800fps range approx,what really became aparent was the tradjecty was so flat,i suspect due to these much heavier pellets ,dispite lower starting velocity,the heavier weight they held velocity better than the 10.34gr pellets at higher starting velocity,and accurracy was allso excellent in both cases,much to my surprise with the gamo pellets,havnt shot either heavier pellets on targets for accurracy yet,but seveal very dead magpies seem to indicated its pretty damned good out to 75yds,the distance i dispathed the magpies at,as they not big target at 75 yds,botth 10gr plus pellets completly penertrated the birds,yet caused lot damage to them.
 will continue to experiment with the 15.4gr gamo pellets as they not much lighter than the 16.36 H/N pellets and significantly cheaper,i guess at this stage its one up for the gamo pellets,much to my surprise.
 i guess this maybe a case of not allways judging without trying eh!!
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm
normally with the gamo pellets you would be lucky to hit the side of a house at 10 years with them. they are rubbish. good to see they are working alright in the bsa. Maybe they are getting their pellets made somewhere else now and just re badging them.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:05pm
not fan gamo pellets never have been,you may be right,possibly being made by someone else for them,but these not the usual gamo type pellets,allmost exact copy of jsb monsters,that may have some thing to do with it.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic