Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dead??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dead??
    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 2:14am
Looks like this forum is now dead? 
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 9:31am
The problem is the ease of access of phone apps etc which means Facebook groups becoming more popular. It is a pity because the forums have a wealth of info and relatively easy to find what you want to find.
I know for myself that I always have a phone on me but only at a PC at work, often not with enough time to browse...

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:52pm
The forum has been dead for a while. Good to see someone still checking up on things tho
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:07am
well guys i have till the 16th to decide weather or not to keep this forum going. Thats when the hosting will expire. Ive had this forum going for 5 years now and i need a long hard think if i will bother investing any more money into it.

MAGPIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGPIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm
I would like.to thank nunga now for all he's done is hosting this forum and filling understand the reasons as to why it may no longer be viable for him
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:25am
Nunga, if the forum was active I would happily donate for another year as it was cool having a section in my name. However, I agree that it's looking a bit pointless if the interest is not there. A real pity. Thank you for running it over the past years. See you on Facebook. 
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:22pm
Ive decided to keep it going another 2 years...I use the email that comes with it quite a lot and cant be bothered to change that...so we are still here for another two years.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 7:58am
Good on you Nunga. I must admit I've been so busy with work I have resorted to zoning out on mindless tinkering, and try not to spend too much time in front of a screen.
Trouble with FB is that it is like mindlessly flicking through the pages of a gossip magazine. I miss a good active forum.
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 5:22pm
I have to admit that I much prefer forums to Facebook but I think we're onto a loser. Every forum on which I'm a member is dying (maybe it's me??), with everyone moving to Facebook. Have you ever tried finding something posted last week on Facebook? The search function is crap so you end up scrolling for what seems forever. As this is an airgun forum maybe we should make some Facebook targets SmileWink
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:29am
Thanks for keeping it going. I guess FB is easy especially for chit chat. People have it running on there phone all the time.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic