Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

milling machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:43am
bit tough bout the leg mate,hope getting better,just bought 3x axis set sino dros etc,cost $660 time 
 got here,but worth it,bloody awesume setup,only issuse being too damned accurate in readouts due
 to going out to 10 thuo in,1000 mil etc,got ignore last 2 didgits on readout,otherwise very pleased with
 them,proberly got more features than i will ever need,as got all the cnc programable features etc,
 bit rediculous i guess putting this type setup on my machine but sure improves the measuring scales
 thats for sure,got no excuses for getting measurements out now.
 was it worth the cost??? possibly not to someone else,but to me,i am happy with wot i got for the money n i guess thats all that really matters. 
 allso just purchased full set er25 x2mt arboured collets for mill,a er25x 3mt collet chuck for lathe,
 another er32x 3mt collet chuckn extra collets that continue from 16mm the er25 collets stop,up to 
 26 mm for the lathe,as going make a 5mt spindle arbour for headstock to suit 3mt er collet chucks
 it give me the capablity use the collets at both ends the lathe,allso got a new live center with small 
 65mm 3 jaw chuck thats demounable,this will now give me a small 3 jaw chuck can allso use on the
 rotary table,been spending bit on tooling lately,n still have 50mm boreing head n bars set on order
 n still to arrive,got stop wanting more tooling once this arrives,as will then have all the tooling etc i 
 i need for lathe n mill ,have lost track wot been spent on lathe n milling tooling now,but gota be a lot
 more than i think eh!!
 cheers mike
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 8:50am
You have been out shopping i see. Got some nice toys by the sounds of it. My run of bad luck continues with me been off work again within the first week of getting back. This time i caught some virus and was in bed a few days then it turnned nasty and i woke up in hospital hooked up to all these fun machines. They were testing me for meningitis and i can tell you that was not a nice feeling waiting for results of that. Thankfully that came back negative and im back at home now but still in bed but on the mend! Need to get out soon as i have a couple of guns here that need fixing.

Edited by nunga - 22 May 2018 at 8:52am
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:16pm
jeppers man sounds like you having tough time,because my age n work injuries my health hasnt been
 that good for many years,i just learnt how deal with it n get on with life eh!!,hope you dont get menijitus
 bud that definatly not lot fun.
 I spent too much on tooling n machinery over past couple years i reckon,should just bought more guns
 eh!!you know wots like tho with machinery n tools if you love wot you can make with them,there allways
 something else you want or think you mite someday n wen turns up cheap or on special etc,you know 
 how that ends,bit like guns,you can never have toooo many evan if you never use em.
 Just decided would get the best tooling etc i could afford at time n over the years it sorta became a 
 project in its self,my wife would tell you its an obsession i am sure.
 But tis nice to be able to machine pretty much anything i can fit on or in my machines,wen comes to 
 gun projectsi can make most things these days,my lathe n mill aint anything special,just chinese stuff
 tho was carefully chosen to suit my needs n puposes and its proven to do just that,so am quite happy
 with wot i have now,i guess in the end its not so much the tools that do the job eh!! but the man using  
 the tools that does the busseness.
 Over the years i have seen some unbelievably well made guns built using some very bassic hand tools
 by very patient men,but have allso seemn lot dangerous crap made by clever guys who should known
 better too n bet you seen both as well.
 I only had very bassic training as a general engineering apprentice bac in early 1070s,the rest i learnt
 on the job by making mistakes n learning from them,i am bassiaclly mainly self taught as machinist
 I consider myself a competent machist,not an expert by any means.
 tho been repairing,modifying and at times building various types guns for allmost 40 years now,i am
 not a gunsmith either having no training as one both maching and working on guns are just my 
 hobby,tho its been a hobby for long time.
 I dont consider myself an expert on anything,but over time you can get quite good at doing things
 you totally enjoy,but there allways something new to learn.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic